Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've only been on them for a few days, it's all as my body gets used to it. I'm gunna wait it out for this month and see how I feel, and discuss with my doctor and go from there.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Give it two weeks. The first week is the roughest. If it doesn't get better, it probably won't. My personal experience.
      2 328i e36's
      Saabaru linear 2.5na
      Various projects.
      sigpic
      Intro;
      http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...19#post1598619

Comment

• Yeah, I've done this once before, but this dosage is higher (that was also nearly 7 years ago), so it's obviously more intense this time round.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• The last time I also quit them after 10 days cause I was in college and being a dumb kid and wouldn't let them do what they needed. My how things would be different if I had just listened then lol.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Not necessarily, man. You'll always know your own body better than a doctor possibly could, after all, this is about how YOU feel, not how they do.
            2 328i e36's
            Saabaru linear 2.5na
            Various projects.
            sigpic
            Intro;

Comment

• What i was saying was more in the sense if we need to find a new route, cause that's what you do....
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• ive just never been able to focus, so im used to that

and the anxiety is pretty far in between so its pretty manageable. binge drinking seems to bring it back tho lol

Comment

• Ah, gotcha. My biggest problem reflecting on it now was that I always made myself the victim in a situation. I made things worse for myself, emotionally, if that makes even a bit of sense. I would be upset/frustrated and just think myself into Oblivion and make it a ton worse. What I do now is just talk about it with my girlfriend and then usually end up in the garage until I've created a new mechanical problem to deal with instead of the mental one haha.
                  2 328i e36's
                  Saabaru linear 2.5na
                  Various projects.
                  sigpic
                  Intro;

Comment

• To focus I use checklists. Cross one thing off when it's done, bam, next idea/project is right there. If you're working on a vehicle, get a washable paint pen and write on the window. It will come right off when you're finished haha. Helps you see how much you've accomplished, too. My anxiety is more relaxed now, but I still have problems when going somewhere new or something like that. When I went to get the style 5s I felt sick to my stomach and for some reason very jittery. As soon as I saw the wheels it was gone. Just weird shit now. Long, rough day, feeling worn out/overtired, things like that just throw me off a little extra. When it does I just do something I've been putting off fixing on the e36 and all is well again. Distraction is a great medicine haha.
                    2 328i e36's
                    Saabaru linear 2.5na
                    Various projects.
                    sigpic
                    Intro;

Comment

• If you don't have a real car that needs work, go to Walmart and get a model you've always wanted to build along with some paints. You'd be surprised how relaxing and aggravating at the same time it can be to build and paint a little model.
                      2 328i e36's
                      Saabaru linear 2.5na
                      Various projects.
                      sigpic
                      Intro;

Comment

• life hack: dont depend on anyone

simplify your life to where you can get along on your own. the less you have to depend on someone for anything, the better

Comment

• No expectations, no disappointments.

When you coming back up this way @Kielan?
                          IG: @sebastienaudeon
                          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                          *pats Sebs head*
                          there there.
                          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                            life hack: dont depend on anyone

simplify your life to where you can get along on your own. the less you have to depend on someone for anything, the better
                            This is good advice for some, may not work for others, but building up your own mental state is more important than letting someone else do it for you.
                            2 328i e36's
                            Saabaru linear 2.5na
                            Various projects.
                            sigpic
                            Intro;

Comment

• I'm guessing this is directed to me, but yeah. The focus thing is new, but I can push through it, just more of an observation. I'm not new to the depression and anxiety rodeo lol. I appreciate the desire to help though.

All my vehicles are well maintained so I don't have any issues there lol.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                                No expectations, no disappointments.
                                true

Originally posted by Quillhill36 View Post
                                building up your own mental state is more important than letting someone else do it for you.
                                and true

Comment

Working...
                                X