This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    So far, I only have my retirement 401 and 403b for investments, but i wonder if i should have something going on top of that or not.
    Yeah, I have my 401 too, but I rolled it into my brokerage. I've been doing a lot with Wealthfront, it's pretty good.
    Wealthfront and Robinhood, they're my go too for this sort of shit lately.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
      Yeah, I have my 401 too, but I rolled it into my brokerage. I've been doing a lot with Wealthfront, it's pretty good.
      Wealthfront and Robinhood, they're my go too for this sort of shit lately.
      did you take a hit when you rolled it into brokerage? or was it free cause you were leaving the AUS?

dont they usually fine a dude when you pull out?

Comment

• It's a US 401, I just rolled it over, Wealthfront have a 401 Rollover thing that you don't have to pay taxes with if you do the transfer within 90 days.

I have so much cash in my "401 equivalent" back in Australia. Like, 30k AUD. Can't touch it until I hit the Australian retirement age, 65.
        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
        there there.

Comment

It's a US 401, I just rolled it over, Wealthfront have a 401 Rollover thing that you don't have to pay taxes with if you do the transfer within 90 days.

I have so much cash in my "401 equivalent" back in Australia. Like, 30k AUD. Can't touch it until I hit the Australian retirement age, 65.
          oh kkk but its still retirement money after you rolled it over, meaning you cant withdraw from it without paying ~30% in fines or whatever.

i'd like to find a way to invest while also having ability to withdraw without penalty.

kind of like a high-yield savings account lol

Comment

• man i got the cheap car itch again

Comment

Speaking of investments, I just went out on a limb and put $22 on the company that owns MoviePass. They're 11c right now.
              Potential of losing it all is high, but seriously, if MoviePass come out of this alive, that shit gonna be worth a pretty penny one day.
              Lol you seriously missed that wave. That boom happened when they got bought and dropped the subscription price. They had to freeze trading for 2 days this week because the bottom had completely fallen out. They went from $25/share to 5 cents a share in like 1 month. This is what you call a bad move lol.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yeah exactly, it's still a 401, but it has a higher return because I adjusted my risk score etc etc

But also have my own personal account with Wealthfront, $200 in there each month and just see what it do
                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                there there.

Comment

• Been investing for a few years now, have an account that I just let run that usually returns like 10-15% annually which is nice. Another that I more actively manage, and then play money in robinhood and some stuff with etrade for trading options. It's fun, gotta put in your due diligence with research and kinda have a basic understanding of reading charts, and understanding what the markets are looking for.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                    Been investing for a few years now, have an account that I just let run that usually returns like 10-15% annually which is nice. Another that I more actively manage, and then play money in robinhood and some stuff with etrade for trading options. It's fun, gotta put in your due diligence with research and kinda have a basic understanding of reading charts, and understanding what the markets are looking for.
                    this is where i want to be but

Comment

• Nice Kielan, nice! I mean, this is all play money for me so it isn't like I'm trying to play the markets, if it goes up it goes up, meh!

My real goal is fucking houses. Trying to get into the market this year, then it's just a matter of time.
                      1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                      there there.

Comment

• I have to get ready for house hell.

Comment

• Yeah, we're putting offers in left, right and center right now.

I just know that anywhere we can afford, my commute gets longer. LA.
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

• dude everyone in LA lives out of their minivan, get with it

Comment

• Miro, my parents gave me their old F150 after the BMWs transmission blew up. Currently using it to help part out my car.
                              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• haha i see you are a man of culture as well.

i got a hilarious chevy s10 a few months ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X