This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    That sounds like poor planning on your part.

Comment

• Lolz.
      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Gonna be so damn hot this weekend.
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
        2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Twice today I beat torrential downpours. This luck cannot last....
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Put the RSs up for sale on IG, FB, and here.
            Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Swapped bars (again) feels awesome again. Half installed my license plate lights, need to procure a pig tail off so I can have the connector and make it legit rather than splicing together.

Only thing the bike needs now is tires, and should be set for a while. Man I love this thing.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• I spliced my stock connectors onto my turnsignals when I did that job. I should really go in their and solder them in.

Really tempted to buy a textile summer jacket. My leather Alpinestars is super perforated and flows a lot of air, but it's black leather and I roast when I'm sitting still.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• I want one as well, riding in the city airflow is kept to a minimum as well so it's really awful especially with the humidity. I also don't want to spend the money...
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Went for a group ride today with some other Triumph riders and got roasted by the heat. But it was much nicer once we got to Palos Verdes and hit some nice twisty sections.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• HAHAHA holy shit boys, story time...

Comment

• got done with yardwork saturday, decide to rip around on the bike. i see a supermoto ktm in town, so i chase him down. dude is straight boolin. he's faster, but i can keep up. so far he's just swerving, passing cars. we stop at a stop light. i pop a wheelie, he doesnt. next light, i pop another, and so does he. sweet. this goes on for another 12 blocks or so, and i head out of town for the back roads. we are almost past the last houses, he guns it, blasts away. i catch up to him, and slow down to about 60. he pops a wheelie at 60mph, and this wheelie is straight vertical. AT 60MPH... never seen that irl before. so..... because it was so vertical, he was on and off the rear brake, teetering a little bit. haha. soooo... he powers back into it after a brake check, but powers up a little TOO MUCH... and the tail of his bike catches the road. I AM 3 FEET BEHIND HIM. his taillight assembly and blinkers explode in slow motion, plastic flying everywhere. the bike snags, throws him off, FLIPS TWICE, then ricochets off a field embankement, and stops. cloud of dust. i almost hit the damn bike as its flipping in front of me. i slam on the brakes and avoid it all. look back in panic, wonder if i should run. realizing i havent done anything illegal, i stop and look for the dude. he's on the opposite side of the road in a ditch, with bloody drool pouring out of his helmet. dude is groaning and trying to get up. IM LIKE UHHHH FFFFFFFF.

walk up, dude uhh r u ok lol... hes clutching his spine with one arm, one arm is dangling. i ask to call 911 he says no lol. umk. cars start pulling over, soccer moms be asking if we need help. im like nah we good (pokerface). i have the dude rest for a bit, cause he was trying to get up on his adrenaline high, and i was pretty sure his spine was in trouble. by this time, another soccer mom pulls up but shes an RN from local hospital. she does her thing, he says he cant afford an ambulance. im starting to feel really bad for this guy. we try to take his TEXTILE ALPINE STARS jacket off, he cant, and starts screaming. broken collarbone. he says he wants to vomit. im starting to feel a little sick myself. we get him into the van, and as they leave, he says to me "can you check my bike, and ride it to the hospital if it runs?" i say i would.

they leave. i get the bike up, seems ok except for missing rear blinker stuff. try to start, no luck. look in exhaust pipe, completely plugged with dirt. since a small crowd has gathered by now, i have to dudes hold the bike up vertically, i grab a stick, and poke the dirt out, tons comes out. then i start it up, cloud of dust flies out. i get on the bike and take off. its a 500 EXC. ive never ridden a ktm. FEELSFASTBRO. forks are bent, but it is driveable. i pop a few wheelies. so much power. afraid my amateur ass would wreck it too, i take it the rest of the way to the hospital. drop the key off to security, and hitch a ride back to my bike.

rest of the ride home was very quiet and... civilized.

still cant get that moment out of my mind, when the bike started flipping. bruh.

heres after i got it up and tucked the leftover plastics and wiring away.

Comment

• these pics make the bike look hardly damaged, but i guess that shows how sturdy these bikes are.

the forks are fubar'd tho, i assure you

Comment

• Holy shit. Good on you for helping him out.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• God damn that's fuckin crazy.

Good on you for sticking around and helping him out. But that's nutty.

Yesterday went for a rip with my buddy who has a 675 Daytona, crazy how that thing just flies away from me. But we hit some nice higher speed twisties, felt reallllll good definitely getting the leans down now, but fuck its frightening sometimes. Bikes are rad, scary, but fucking rad.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• yeah it was crazy how fast we went from having fun, to INSTANTLY a bike being ruined, and a human being coughing up blood in a ditch with a broken collarbone and a tweaked back.

i just kind of stood there and all i could think was WHOA.....

Comment

Working...
                                X