Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's always the low speed stuff that gets you.

I'll have to ride up to New York once I've moved to the east coast.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
      Working all weekend.

Did shorten up the bike's front fender by a considerable amount yesterday, and my friend that builds exhausts for Triumphs and Hondas said he'd build me a set at a bit of a discount, so I'm stoked.
      i wish i had an exhaust welding friend. would love a louder custom exhaust on mine. the factory exhaust is so boring.
      Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Dropped the bike for the first time today. Bent my bars, and broke my shifter. No other damage done. I was turning around in a parking lot on a hill doing maybe 2 mph...
      Rigged up a temp shifter by drilling through and using a bolt. Ordered new bars and shifter should be back to normal by the end of the week. Had a ton of fun today though drop occurred at the end of the day. Did 200 miles of awesome roads. Really starting to feel comfortable really ripping, chicken strips are really thinning...
      that drop sounds like it did a lot of damage, didnt you just put new bars on?

i had to google chicken strips.... wtf

Comment

• I have chicken strips on my back tire that are about an inch wide. Mostly because the stock Triumph suspension is godawful and I just don't feel comfortable pushing it in the corners.
        Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• my tires are just made up of giant nipples

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
            i wish i had an exhaust welding friend. would love a louder custom exhaust on mine. the factory exhaust is so boring.

that drop sounds like it did a lot of damage, didnt you just put new bars on?

i had to google chicken strips.... wtf
            Yeah they were the new bars. I mean they're BikeMaster super bike bars and $22 I'm honestly not upset. I didn't do the best cut job on them either. Now that I know what I'm doing this time will be a lot better. New shifter was $23 and folds so hopefully in the case of another drop this won't happen. New one also isn't shitty cast aluminum. I'm just glad I didn't fuck up a mirror, dropping another 75 on one would have pissed me off.

I wish I had photos of where it happened, cause it would make a lot more sense.

I need to find someone who can make a baffle for my exhaust, current setup is so god damn loud I feel like a douche when I'm just trying to put somewhere and the bike is like "OMG HERE I AM, I AM A MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!"
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              Yeah they were the new bars. I mean they're BikeMaster super bike bars and $22 I'm honestly not upset. I didn't do the best cut job on them either. Now that I know what I'm doing this time will be a lot better. New shifter was $23 and folds so hopefully in the case of another drop this won't happen. New one also isn't shitty cast aluminum. I'm just glad I didn't fuck up a mirror, dropping another 75 on one would have pissed me off.

I wish I had photos of where it happened, cause it would make a lot more sense.

I need to find someone who can make a baffle for my exhaust, current setup is so god damn loud I feel like a douche when I'm just trying to put somewhere and the bike is like "OMG HERE I AM, I AM A MOTORCYCLE!!!!!!"
              oh ok those are cheap repairs.

no judgement, i dropped a buddy's ninja 650 at an intersection when i was just learning

wasnt that mad though, cause i actually caught it before it hit the ground, and hauled it right side up like i was the incredible hulk.

at least it felt that way...

Comment

• I wonder if you could just pack the muffler with more fiberglass, Kielan.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

oh ok those are cheap repairs.

no judgement, i dropped a buddy's ninja 650 at an intersection when i was just learning

wasnt that mad though, cause i actually caught it before it hit the ground, and hauled it right side up like i was the incredible hulk.

at least it felt that way...
                  Yeah, I'm just glad there was no real physical damage to the bike. Frame slider did it's job. I'm told everyone drops their bike, it's just one of those inevitable things. I felt like such a fucking dunce when it happened though.
                  - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                    I wonder if you could just pack the muffler with more fiberglass, Kielan.
                    I wonder... I'd really prefer to have something easily removable though, cause sometimes I do want it to make a whole ton of noise.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• i want an inappropriate pipe on mine. something italian, gold, or at least chrome.

been looking at this but its 4 hours away and $100 more than im willing to pay

Last edited by Miroteknik; 07-05-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

• Mhmmm italian

Mine is carbon, and I really didn't think I'd ever like a carbon exhaust, but I think it actually really works on my bike, doesn't stand out nearly as much, and fits in with the colors of the bike.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Mhmmm italian

Mine is carbon, and I really didn't think I'd ever like a carbon exhaust, but I think it actually really works on my bike, doesn't stand out nearly as much, and fits in with the colors of the bike.
                          carbon is cool, not as flashy, and has less of a brassy resonation

Comment

• has anyone put a motorcycle can on a mini cooper or a geo metro yet?

Comment

• dual shorty yoshi's centered out the back of a metro

and this isnt even a motorcycle exhaust

Comment

has anyone put a motorcycle can on a mini cooper or a geo metro yet?
                                I've seen it done a few times with people who do mid engine busa swaps.
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X