Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ahahah I don't ever want to do that Kielan, fuck that shit...

I'd prefer to get credit for being able to put the new engine on a card, gain reward points and pay it off with the smallest amount of interest possible.
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Yeah, we screwed up.

Reminds me of the guy in for sale a year ago with the base model Jetta on like 12k wheels

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
        Ahahah I don't ever want to do that Kielan, fuck that shit...

I'd prefer to get credit for being able to put the new engine on a card, gain reward points and pay it off with the smallest amount of interest possible.
        This is a bad idea. As your friend I HIGHLY recommend NOT doing this for a huge expense like an engine. If you must do this without having the full amount of cash. A personal loan is BY FAR the better method for it.

Going deeper, credit cards will typically not have low enough interest rates at all for that kind of expense. 22% APR is no joke on 8K.

I've got a pretty decent credit score, and a bunch of knowledge on credit, building good credit, credit cards that are best for rewards, benefits, etc. If you really wanna talk about it shoot me a text.
        Last edited by Kielan; 06-02-2017, 02:21 PM.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Ahaha Kielan, would definitely do personal loan for the 8k and would have the majority of the cash saved before I even got a personal loan. Would pay it off in a month and it'd bump up my credit score, right?

Also, someone with random number just hit up my phone...
          Edit: figured out who hit up phone. lel
          Last edited by SebastienPeek; 06-02-2017, 02:42 PM.
          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
          there there.

Comment

• get yourself a personal loan on your car loan and fund the engine swap with a credit card

Comment

• Ahaha toooo much

I don't even want to personal loan, but figure I might just do a 1k one to build credit.
              Might actually hit up Kielan...
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• Water heater failed in my apartment this morning. Fucking froze taking a shower.
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Somehow managed to break a molar. Not exactly sure how that happened.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Ahaha toooo much

I don't even want to personal loan, but figure I might just do a 1k one to build credit.
                    Might actually hit up Kielan...
                    Most lenders won't even give a 1k personal loan. I just refinanced my student loans as well which was a huge help in monthly payments and gave my score a nice bump. Keeping your balances low on your credit cards and never missing a payment is what helps your credit score. More open accounts is never a bad thing, and having a large credit line really does help your score. All in across my 4 cards I have just over 40k in credit lines, I still owe more than 50k in my loans, again never missing a payment is key.

I love playing the credit game, I actively enjoy it, and try to churn cards as much as possible for max rewards benefit (but still being careful to not have too many hard pulls so that my score is negatively affected). My score right now is sitting just above 770, that's gone up nearly 50 points over the past few months as I've been changing my spend habits. Also just because you have multiple cards, doesn't mean you have to use them. I only really use 2 of my cards, the other's just sit in my wallet.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• You're best off just getting a credit card, treating it like a debit card, and never spending more than you have and paying it off in full every month. That will help you start building your score, then in like 8 months time get another card with a larger limit. Then holding off for a while, continuing to never actually build debt. They'll bump your limits on your cards automatically every six months in most cases if you're diligent about paying it off in full every month and using it often.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• That is some sound advice Kielan, very much appreciated.

I think I am adding my SSN to my bank accounts and updating my names etc tomorrow, that means Monday Jennifer will add me to a joint CC and we'll be paying that off each month easily.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

That is some sound advice Kielan, very much appreciated.

I think I am adding my SSN to my bank accounts and updating my names etc tomorrow, that means Monday Jennifer will add me to a joint CC and we'll be paying that off each month easily.
                          Normally I'd advise against being added as an Authorized User, but as you're just starting out, that would be your best bet, and will really assist with credit limits and what not. And yes definitely start linking everything to your SSN.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Yeah, it will definitely assist with credit limits etc and build my credit rating instantly, right?
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

• Not "instantly" but the benefits are pretty huge.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Of course now that I can legally ride to work, it's going to rain all week. -___-
                                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X