Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put Biltwell tracker bars on the bike last night. Feels so different compared to the clubman bars.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• what bike u got

Comment

• Down at VTech for my brothers graduation. Everyone is asleep right now so I'm using this time to really push my learning on Product Management.

I'm gunna start doing a few coding courses as well and get back into that shit. I need more experience and I can't get it at work. So I'm just gunna start doing shit myself at home and in my downtime and see what I can come up with. Would really like to change careers soon.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Kielan,
          What sort of languages are you looking into?

Right now, all I can recommend is probably looking into Porduct Management tools, making sure you have a complete understanding over types of things like the differences between SCRUM, Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Also take note of how each company does any of those types of methodologies very very differently. For example, I have been in multiple companies that follow their own version of "Agile". One did it very well, the other, I likened it to "Fragile". It all depends on what route you take etc but I definitely have seen it used everywhere.

I dislike the fact that my next step in my career is management. I really don't want to give up the tools just yet, but I am always on the hunt for doing less to being paid more. Anyway, let me know if you need anymore pointers to reference material to read etc, alwayts happy to help!

#nerdout
          IG: @sebastienaudeon
          1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
          *pats Sebs head*
          there there.
          keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• isnt coding for autists?

Comment

• Autistics?

I do make the comment that every now and then I "sperg" out. As in, have an Aspergers moment.
              1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
              there there.

Comment

• yes. isnt an autistic coder a higher output producing coder than your average neighborhood kid that only became a coder when his dad came home one day and said hey Jacob i see you play that xbox a lot why dont you become one of those computer whizzes, you know they make a lot of money?

Comment

• also, dont most coders wish they werent coders?

the hilarious thing about most careers that young people only begin to see after a minimum of 4 years at university, is that they realize 6 months into the job, that it is not at all what they wanted to do with their lives

Comment

• Ahaha yeah, I wish I wasn't a coder but then I remember that I love it too much to give up.
                    I am definitely an "autistic coder" from the fact that I am 23 years old and in my 15th year of programming...

But you're right, people that go to university and then six months in realize they wasted their four years, makes me laugh so fucking hard. I never went to university/college to get a degree, I am just passionate about good code and know enough/have been in the field long enough now to make a difference lol

Also, the amount of money isn't that much depending on what you're doing. I have a lot of knowledge in multiple areas, so I get a decent amount of cash monies each pay, but could always be more!
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                      Ahaha yeah, I wish I wasn't a coder but then I remember that I love it too much to give up.
                      I am definitely an "autistic coder" from the fact that I am 23 years old and in my 15th year of programming...

But you're right, people that go to university and then six months in realize they wasted their four years, makes me laugh so fucking hard. I never went to university/college to get a degree, I am just passionate about good code and know enough/have been in the field long enough now to make a difference lol

Also, the amount of money isn't that much depending on what you're doing. I have a lot of knowledge in multiple areas, so I get a decent amount of cash monies each pay, but could always be more!
                      the fact that you love coding, must make all of the difference.

so many college advisors pointed me to coding, and I realized then, just how clueless advisors are to a student's actual strengths. all those idiots care about is signing you up to whatever open program that the college is trying to keep flowing cash in

Comment

• anybody that goes to school for a career that they havent attempted on their own, been an intern in, or at least job shadowed for a full week, are the same dumbasses that buy home gyms and browse pinterest

Comment

• Most definitely. It is definitely not everyones cup of tea. But I thoroughly enjoy it so it makes my life a lot easier.
                          1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                          there there.

Comment

• I'd be down to owning my own home gym though, I kind of like the idea of being able to shower in my own shower and not have to drive/walk anywhere to have to gym
                            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                            there there.

Comment

• protip: go to a paid gym first. if you can consistently go on a regular basis for 3 months, you can start looking at a home gym.

Comment

• Oh for sure, I used to gym a hell of a lot so definitely know what it is about!
                                1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                                there there.

Comment

Working...
                                X