• Show
Clear All

• Dayum that's decent...
    IG: @sebastienaudeon
    1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
    *pats Sebs head*
    there there.
    keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

• Morning bitch titties.

Comment

• Morning cornrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
          Dayum that's decent...
          Decent for a Porsche. Not so much for a BMW. At least IMO.

Good morning everyone.
          Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
          2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Bitch titties

Oh man, so ready for bed already.
            How's everyone's week been? Halfway to the end, get me the weekend.
            1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
            there there.

Comment

• Sold the Saturn for 200 more than I bought it for. only drove it 300 miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by SebastienPeek View Post
                Bitch titties

Oh man, so ready for bed already.
                How's everyone's week been? Halfway to the end, get me the weekend.
                Slow morning at work so far. My next patient isn't scheduled till 2:00.

Girlfriend gets here Friday, and she's staying till Tuesday.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                Sold the Saturn for 200 more than I bought it for. only drove it 300 miles.
                Hell yeah man!
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  Sold the Saturn for 200 more than I bought it for. only drove it 300 miles.
                  You had a Saturn? Seems you can find decent ones with a manual trans, low mileage for uber cheap. Then that "But then for a little more money you can get this" moment always happens and so on.

Comment

• I'm getting close to buying a daily I think, the Porsche is running a little weird after driving it for the last week since getting it back from the workshop.

I might go over it Saturday completely myself, see if they didn't tighten something and double check things. Tempted to remove the CIS and do all the gaskets this weekend too, but I have to be able to drive it Monday. Sucks.
                    1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                    there there.

Comment

• Since I'm taking forever to just get a daily, I'm keeping an eye on a used long block for the Corolla.

Remove engine
                      Remove power steering components and rack
                      Clean bay
                      Install manual rack
                      Install new engine
                      Get old engine rebuilt
                      Rebuild extra diff
                      Swap in rear Swift springs 4.5k

Comment

• Damn, that sounds like a decent list!
                        What is the benefit of no power steering components, does it clean up the bay a hell of a lot?
                        Did you have any pictures of current bay setup? I'm interested!

I've just found a little guide for removing the CIS without doing an engine drop, it actually sounds relatively simple other than a sore back. I just have to do it though I think, I have all the gaskets I need to replace everything so that is nice.

Now need to sort out the tools necessary.
                        1974 Porsche 911S

*pats Sebs head*
                        there there.

Comment

• No power steering does clean up the bay but mostly the function of manual steering in a lightweight car just gives you more feedback overall. Some people just remove the pump and reservoir while installing a different size belt, and looping the line back into the power rack. The PS rack itself is a lot heavier so there's more weight loss.

I have pics somewhere but the bay is basically all original minus plug wires.

There's a bunch of other shit that needs to get done but that's the basis of getting the car back on the road.

Once I do that, I'll reward myself with some 14" RPF1s.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                            You had a Saturn? Seems you can find decent ones with a manual trans, low mileage for uber cheap. Then that "But then for a little more money you can get this" moment always happens and so on.
                            Bought a saturn for 1000 a few months ago to drive while my subaru was getting painted. Only drove it for 330 mile and sold it for 1200.

They're pretty good cars to be honest. My mom has owned a 93 and a 97 both went 250k+ with minimal maintenance. 2 starters, 2 alternators and a shitload of oil changes. They never did well because they were marketed during the heyday of Honda and Toyota reliability.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              Bought a saturn for 1000 a few months ago to drive while my subaru was getting painted. Only drove it for 330 mile and sold it for 1200.

They're pretty good cars to be honest. My mom has owned a 93 and a 97 both went 250k+ with minimal maintenance. 2 starters, 2 alternators and a shitload of oil changes. They never did well because they were marketed during the heyday of Honda and Toyota reliability.
                              There's been a few times I've come across instances like this, pick up a car/truck to get around in while I do shit to my Corolla. Then I always think, "That money can be put towards a car I'm trying to get" lol.

Comment

• Honestly wouldn't mind picking up a high mileage mini truck 5spd.

Comment

Working...
                                X