This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why the fuck did I click on that.

Had a patient today at a nursing home that was a paratrooper in WW2 in the Philippines, turns out he was at the island that my family is from. Really rad guy.
    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
    2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
      Why the fuck did I click on that.

Had a patient today at a nursing home that was a paratrooper in WW2 in the Philippines, turns out he was at the island that my family is from. Really rad guy.
      That's pretty cool. I met a guy at my grandmas old nursing home tat was a WW2 fighter pilot. For the Germans. One of the few survivors. He was forced to fly at 16.

Comment

• Slow times around these parts huh.

Thinking about buying a Bike in the coming year or so. Insurance is so dramatically cheaper than any car it makes perfect sense.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          Slow times around these parts huh.

Thinking about buying a Bike in the coming year or so. Insurance is so dramatically cheaper than any car it makes perfect sense.
          Do it. I'm still thinking about a dual sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
            Do it. I'm still thinking about a dual sport.
            I'd need a good beginner bike as the biggest thing I've ridden was a pit bike. But with the idea of building a bike on the side as the future goes on is something that I've always wanted to do.

That and it would make the commute to work way more enjoyable, and frankly would be real easy. Such a nominal cost monthly it's kinda like why not. Although up front costs are high with safety gear and what not.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Don't forget that winter does come around,and it's not exactly ideal to ride something with 2 wheels when it's snowing sideways.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                Don't forget that winter does come around,and it's not exactly ideal to ride something with 2 wheels when it's snowing sideways.
                And that is what they make parent's garages for.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                  And that is what they make parent's garages for.
                  Unless your commute is just around your parent's garage, then your motorcycle is a paperweight during the winter here.

Bikes are fun, but in a congested place... no thanks, I'll take the giant metal cage around me.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Get something used because chances are it will fall in the garage, at a stop light and in a parking lot.

Comment

• Used dual sports or supermotos are the way to go for a first bike. My Suzuki DRZ400SM was 130 bucks to insure. For a year. Oh and it got 72 MPG.
                      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• buy a used old bike for your first, can be had stupid cheap. I learned on a cb550 that i bought for 200 dollars seized, rebuilt the engine real quick at home, made some custom parts and sold it for 2400. Buddy got a cb550 for free. old jap bikes are the way to go. not to mention the 75 dollars a year to insure

Comment

• Originally posted by l2edken View Post
                          buy a used old bike for your first, can be had stupid cheap. I learned on a cb550 that i bought for 200 dollars seized, rebuilt the engine real quick at home, made some custom parts and sold it for 2400. Buddy got a cb550 for free. old jap bikes are the way to go. not to mention the 75 dollars a year to insure
                          Agreed. I'm a novice motorcycle rider here, and I suggest a used Japanese bike of middle weight engine size. Something in the 500 to 650 range. A Suzuki sv650 is one of my favorites. There's a naked version and there's a flared/fender version with a (S) in the suffix. Either has a twin V, so makes power down low. Put a GSXR front fork, and their carving canyons on weekends!

Comment

• I recommend having one of these guys build a bike specifically tailored to your needs.

Comment

• Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
                              I recommend having one of these guys build a bike specifically tailored to your needs.

Obviously this is the way to go.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                no, just no.
                                -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                                '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                                '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

Working...
                                X