X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup slow thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
      Solid engines. It's just a smaller bore 7.3 and they run forever. Same highlights as a 12v cummins. Mechanical everything and pretty much just require fuel and one wire to run.

Correct.
      Good shit to know, thanks y'all.

SoCal Euro was fun. Damn it was hot out though. I'm supposed to pull the air ride out of the Golf today and I'm so tired from being in the sun yesterday and generally not sleeping this weekend that it's probably not going to get done.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
        Good shit to know, thanks y'all.

SoCal Euro was fun. Damn it was hot out though. I'm supposed to pull the air ride out of the Golf today and I'm so tired from being in the sun yesterday and generally not sleeping this weekend that it's probably not going to get done.

Find a buyer for it all? I think I'm going to put the gf in a mk4. I've never owned a vw, but I've got to get her in something halfway cool and economical. Her 2000 exploder isn't cutting it in my driveway lol
        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• any reason you chose the mk4 platform?
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post

Find a buyer for it all? I think I'm going to put the gf in a mk4. I've never owned a vw, but I've got to get her in something halfway cool and economical. Her 2000 exploder isn't cutting it in my driveway lol
            My wife has a Mk4 Golf TDI. The auto sucks, but it's got 197k and I've only had to do basic stuff and a speed sensor. Be prepared for that shitty coating on all the interior plastic and the crayon smell. 42mpg is not too bad.

Comment

• Mk4 really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Just go manual, and I would try for vr6 or tdi.

I had a 1.8t gti and only issue not caused by being low was the shitty auto Trans slipping at 140k.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                any reason you chose the mk4 platform?
                She's a bartender so the money isn't exactly flowing in. She want's something semi sporty, but our 100lb dogs still have to fit in it. Coils/bags and wheels are a must. She likes turbos. Idk, just seems to fit the bill for now.

She really wants a frs, but that's way out of the budget and I don't like to share.

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                My wife has a Mk4 Golf TDI. The auto sucks, but it's got 197k and I've only had to do basic stuff and a speed sensor. Be prepared for that shitty coating on all the interior plastic and the crayon smell. 42mpg is not too bad.
                Yea, I've got a little experience with that shit rubberized junk inside.

Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
                Mk4 really aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Just go manual, and I would try for vr6 or tdi.

I had a 1.8t gti and only issue not caused by being low was the shitty auto Trans slipping at 140k.
                She insists on a manual so that's easy. She's been learning real fast in my cars.

Comment

• it's my least fave vw model (but that's taste so, point invalid)

however don't get the gti, but the big tdi's

drove one of a friend for a while, and i liked that one better then the gti

if it's for gas mileage vr6 is out of the question off course

Comment

• It also helps that I can throw the tarmacs on one when my new wheels are finished.

Comment

• If you can re-do the intercooler piping and intercooler and throw a Malone tune, exhaust and injectors, a TDI can be really fun.

Comment

• Options are open still. I'd love a tdi, but I don't think she fully understands how cool they are lol

Comment

• Did thy release the 150bhp model in the states?

Comment

• Not in MK4 the PD engines are only 90 hp. MK5 is 135, and the MK6 was less for some reason.

Comment

• Hello gheys.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                                Hello gheys.
                                Sup Coco.

Comment

Working...
                                X