This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sup wit it.

Long ass day today for work, then my buddy hits me up for basketball as soon as I get home. I was looking forward to relaxing but I ended up doing the opposite and I'm fucking beat.

Wish I didn't have to work tomorrow times infinity.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
      Fortune autos now and forever
      Yea well... I wish

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      I'm about to list my car for 1.5k less than I want for it so I can get it gone.
      That's how it works. 6 months from now everyone will want one and ou could have jacked the price up 2k.

Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
      I need to start putting together the list of cars I'll be looking at
      So car they are

Acura:
      TSX
      TL

BMW:
      335ix

Ford:
      Fiesta ST
      Focus ST

Honda:
      Civic Si

Mazda:
      Mazdaspeed3

Mini:
      Countryman S AWD

Subaru:
      Impreza WRX
      Forester XT
      Legacy GT

VW;
      GTI 4 door
      All brand new?
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

I need to start putting together the list of cars I'll be looking at
        So car they are

Acura:
        TSX
        TL

BMW:
        335ix

Ford:
        Fiesta ST
        Focus ST

Honda:
        Civic Si

Mazda:
        Mazdaspeed3

Mini:
        Countryman S AWD

Subaru:
        Impreza WRX
        Forester XT
        Legacy GT

VW;
        GTI 4 door
        Why would you buy the housewife edition 335Xi? What's your budget? New, used, or lease?
        Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        Not gonna lie, I really like the Chevy Impala SS.
        They are incredible cars. I wish I could swing the pricetag to buy one and keep it forever.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Used otherwise alot of those cars wouldn't be on there lol
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Used otherwise alot of those cars wouldn't be on there lol
            haha I have a friend with a 2010 tsx. Really nice comfortable car.
            IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• I'd replace the GTI with a TDI, but that's just me.

Comment

• Morning gangstas.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                  haha I have a friend with a 2010 tsx. Really nice comfortable car.
                  I only like the first generation

Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  I'd replace the GTI with a TDI, but that's just me.
                  Why?

Comment

Why?
                    Depends on the year. pre 08 (FSI models) had issues with cam followers coming apart every 50k miles since they drove the high pressure fuel pump. Plus they had massive carbon build up.

08+ models Had wastegate rattle issues, DSG was a nightmare, and from what I hear a mess of electrical issues dealing with the immobilizer.

The TDI comes with 40 less hp, but its a simpler setup. you have to get the intake cleaned every 90K so you don't have carbon from the EGR clog the manifold, plus the usual VW electrical gremlins.

the biggest plus is, 50mpg highway with a manual, much higher resale value, and that TDI owners are usually adults that pay the dealer to fix everything, so the cars are usually better maintained.

Comment

• TL, Focus ST and a last-gen WRX get my vote. 335i's are unicorns when they aren't 'tuned' and ragged on, but deserves an honorable mention.

First gen TSX's are cool. Reliable as the sunrise, can make healthy power with a few bolt-ons, and the interiors are pretty plush. But, you can get the bigger and quicker TL for the same price point. Any of the new Civic Si's are okay, but aren't as nice as the Acuras.

Fiestas are too small, especially compared to the Focus. I've driven both of them, and wouldn't even think twice to get a Focus ST for a daily.

No comment on the Mazdaspeed3 unicorns, and the Countrymen are just... odd.

Subarus are good choices if you can find one that isn't beaten within an inch of it's life. Harder to find with a man pedal in the Legacy and XT's.

Volkswagen lol
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• IDK, with the exception of the XV crosstrek, I'd take a VW over a new Subaru.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                          Depends on the year. pre 08 (FSI models) had issues with cam followers coming apart every 50k miles since they drove the high pressure fuel pump. Plus they had massive carbon build up.

08+ models Had wastegate rattle issues, DSG was a nightmare, and from what I hear a mess of electrical issues dealing with the immobilizer.

The TDI comes with 40 less hp, but its a simpler setup. you have to get the intake cleaned every 90K so you don't have carbon from the EGR clog the manifold, plus the usual VW electrical gremlins.

the biggest plus is, 50mpg highway with a manual, much higher resale value, and that TDI owners are usually adults that pay the dealer to fix everything, so the cars are usually better maintained.
                          hmmm yeah I might go with the TDI then.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                          TL, Focus ST and a last-gen WRX get my vote. 335i's are unicorns when they aren't 'tuned' and ragged on, but deserves an honorable mention.

First gen TSX's are cool. Reliable as the sunrise, can make healthy power with a few bolt-ons, and the interiors are pretty plush. But, you can get the bigger and quicker TL for the same price point. Any of the new Civic Si's are okay, but aren't as nice as the Acuras.

Fiestas are too small, especially compared to the Focus. I've driven both of them, and wouldn't even think twice to get a Focus ST for a daily.

No comment on the Mazdaspeed3 unicorns, and the Countrymen are just... odd.

Subarus are good choices if you can find one that isn't beaten within an inch of it's life. Harder to find with a man pedal in the Legacy and XT's.

Volkswagen lol

Yeah I pretty much agree with all of this.Most likely not going to get the BMW because doesn't meet any of the criteria except cool and power.

The list in order to most want to least is something like

wrx (06-07)
                          legacy gt (05-08 iirc)
                          Forester xt (05-08 iirc)
                          focus st
                          mazdaspeed3
                          fiesta st
                          tl (04-08 iirc)
                          tsx (04-08 iirc)
                          civic si sedan of course (06-11 iirc)
                          vw tdi.....or gti

Need to find out more about the countrymen, but its growing on me.
                          Found some decent upgrades that can make it pretty zippy.

Car has to be fun to drive, kinda quick, have a plethora of upgrades, easy to work on, reliable, good on gas, tech upgrades welcome.

Automatics need not apply.

Comment

• What's your budget?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                              What's your budget?
                              Kinda depends on the car\generation.

For an older car, I'm looking to spend 16k or less for the subaru's and mini's.
                              15k or less for the VW's.
                              14k or less for the mazda's.
                              13k or less for the honda\acuras.

I'll go up a little more for a unicorn.

For a new\newer ford, up to 20k.

But NO to little mods and low miles (less than 50k) for older cars.

Comment

• I'll keep my eyes open out here. Probably no luck on the Subarus though. Everything has high miles or is 25K plus.

Comment

Working...
                                X