This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know mine matches up to 8%.

It's scary that there are some people who think they don't have to start saving for their 401K until they're old... I used to work with those kinds of people.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Live in the moment, bro.

whats money when you're back in diapers and can't lay pipe

Comment

• I need to start brushing up on what fits me best.

Likely an IRA as we don't have company contributions. The question really lies within do I go Roth or not...

So many things to consider. Blah.

On top of that I feel I really should start investing, and growing my money more rapidly.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
          Live in the moment, bro.

whats money when you're back in diapers and can't lay pipe
          Fucking LOL
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Kielan, because of your age, Roth.

Comment

• Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
              Kielan, because of your age, Roth.
              Roth is deferred taxes right?

Comment

• Nah.
                Earnings are tax free after like 5 years and contributions are tax free. Traditional is taxable when withdrawn.

Taxes on all the compiunded interest would blow.

Comment

Nah.
                  Earnings are tax free after like 5 years and contributions are tax free. Traditional is taxable when withdrawn.

Taxes on all the compiunded interest would blow.
                  Makes sense. I thought about setting a 401K up along with my Gov't retirement fund.

Comment

• Word, I'm only contributing a small amount for now just because of my employer contribution and my main focus is saving for when I need to take time off work and a house/emergency funds. When I'm done with school I start investing more aggressively for retirement.

What did you do for water for your yurt? I'm thinking of buying land and throwing a wood yurt up to live in until I could build a house then rent it out/tear it down/sell it at that point.

Comment

• Good old fed work.

5% matching plus 30% of your top two years (or is it three...).

Then I have my military retirement too.
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        I need to start brushing up on what fits me best.

Likely an IRA as we don't have company contributions. The question really lies within do I go Roth or not...

So many things to consider. Blah.

On top of that I feel I really should start investing, and growing my money more rapidly.
                        Just be sure to research throughly into what you decide to invest in. I've seen many people put almost everything into something thinking it was going to be big, only to be put out of thousands of dollars.
                        Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

• Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
                          Just be sure to research throughly into what you decide to invest in. I've seen many people put almost everything into something thinking it was going to be big, only to be put out of thousands of dollars.
                          Yeah, I'm not going to make it big doing this. Just small shit. I'm also smarter than to invest everything I have into one thing...
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

What did you do for water for your yurt? I'm thinking of buying land and throwing a wood yurt up to live in until I could build a house then rent it out/tear it down/sell it at that point.
                            I got lucky, I got a chunk of property with a Well and Septic. I skirted the code a bit because a canvas yurt is a temporary structure so plumbing was not allowed. Out where I am most people don't care though. I ran a 1" line into a cabinet, then used PEX to run to my hot water heater and all my appliances. Same as a house.

Depending on how much you want to do, you can get a pretty damn big wooden yurt.

Comment

• yurt thread
                              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• So dudeman, did you buy that supercharger?

Comment

Working...
                                X