This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
    If he's moving to NYC buying a house is probably a while away lol.

Throw that shit in a Barclay's account and get decent interest with no fees and you can easily pull it out whenever you need it. Investing small amounts isn't really worth it unless it's long term imo.
    I want to put 10k into a higher yield savings. And invest another 10k, whether that be a 401k or perhaps just an investment account and wait another year before getting into 401k stuff. (I have a pension from work).
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Morning.

Comment

• I need coffee.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by fancy sauce View Post
          If he's moving to NYC buying a house is probably a while away lol.

Throw that shit in a Barclay's account and get decent interest with no fees and you can easily pull it out whenever you need it. Investing small amounts isn't really worth it unless it's long term imo.
          what are the numbers on this Barclay you speak of

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
            what are the numbers on this Barclay you speak of
            From my very quick look. 1% APY, with no fees for pretty much everything. Dunno if there is a minimum. But that's not really an issue for me. I treat my savings accounts like I don't have them when it comes to pulling money from them.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
              corrected
              Yup.
              Originally posted by Minuki View Post
              I've also been looking at houses to move into next year. This is too grown up.
              Brace yourself for sticker shock, and having almost no money left to play with for the first year.
              Originally posted by P78 View Post
              I need to buy a second property as an investment
              A wise decision.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I'm fangirling all over the place over here

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE2BkLqMef4"]Fallout 4 - Official Trailer - YouTube[/ame]
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  I'm fangirling all over the place over here

Fallout 4 - Official Trailer - YouTube
                  Awwwww Yeah.

Comment

• I'll be renting with a few friends, so it won't be that bad. I don't think I could ever settle down in London, it's not for me.

Comment

• I'm thinking about a house in the next 5 years. Or a wooden yurt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                        From my very quick look. 1% APY, with no fees for pretty much everything. Dunno if there is a minimum. But that's not really an issue for me. I treat my savings accounts like I don't have them when it comes to pulling money from them.
                        meh, so a CD would still yield more if you knew you didn't need the money for a year

Comment

• If there is a minimum, it's nominal. I think I opened mine with like $100.
                          I use my Barclay's savings to stash money away for when I take a month or 2 off work to take the bar. It's nice knowing I can transfer it at any time in case of emergency.
                          Then I have a Roth Ira that is drawn from each of my checks and gets a 7.5% gross income employer contribution every year.

Comment

• hmm. that 7.5% contribution has to be set up with your employer though it sounds like? im assuming not all employers offer this?

Comment

• Yeah my employer doesn't do contributions.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Some employers contribute, some match, some don't do anything.

Comment

Working...
                                X