Clear All

• but you only get input between 1000 and 2000 revs then your power is gone
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
      i really don't get the american fascination for diesels haha
      'Merica

lol

They're just fun. 6200 lb truck and I get 17 MPG mixed driving and low 20's on the thruway.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      600 hp and 1200 ft/lbs is a lot of fun
      I'm around 350-400 hp and 800+ lb ft of torque right now. With injectors and turbo I plan to run it'll get me right around 500hp and 1000 lb ft of torque.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
      but you only get input between 1000 and 2000 revs then your power is gone
      My rpm band is about 1400 (right where the turbo starts to really spool) and 3000. If I had valve springs, cam, and pushrods I could take it to 4000. I guess they can really come alive over 3500.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
        i really don't get the american fascination for diesels haha
        Diesels are rad and make all the torque you could ever want. That's my fascination with them It's the black smoke sooting shit that annoys he fuck out of me. It was hilarious driving my tow pig around sowo (7.3, full 6" from the down pipe) and watching all the people on the sidewalks flinch thinking I was going to cover them in smoke. Don't worry folks, I'm not a cunt lol

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
        600 hp and 1200 ft/lbs is a lot of fun
        This. I'm putting a 12v cummins in my 48 chevy sedan. shoot for 1000 ft/lbs. Should be tons of fun in an old hotrod.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
        but you only get input between 1000 and 2000 revs then your power is gone
        That's not really an issue with a six speed behind it.
        IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• don't get me wrong

i liked my tdi better then my gti (mk3 platform)
          Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
            Diesels are rad and make all the torque you could ever want. That's my fascination with them It's the black smoke sooting shit that annoys he fuck out of me. It was hilarious driving my tow pig around sowo (7.3, full 6" from the down pipe) and watching all the people on the sidewalks flinch thinking I was going to cover them in smoke. Don't worry folks, I'm not a cunt lol
            You can control smoke with your right foot. Most people who are d-bags with smoke are the same people with stickers in their windows and drive like total ass hats.

If I'm just driving around my truck doesn't really smoke at all. If I'm in lots of traffic I'll de-tune so I don't look like a douche.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
              You can control smoke with your right foot. Most people who are d-bags with smoke are the same people with stickers in their windows and drive like total ass hats.

If I'm just driving around my truck doesn't really smoke at all. If I'm in lots of traffic I'll de-tune so I don't look like a douche.
              Yea, that's what I'm saying. Where I live, guys will literally brake boost at red lights just to smoke... It's fucking annoying. I'm not sitting in traffic roasting my tires off just for attention. pls stp

Comment

• I absolutely despised the guys that would blow soot and shit everywhere. What is the fucking point of it!?

Lifted trucks are pretty cool though, just not my scene.
                Instagram: yobrandonnn

Comment

• Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
                  I absolutely despised the guys that would blow soot and shit everywhere. What is the fucking point of it!?

Lifted trucks are pretty cool though, just not my scene.
                  I've had my fair share of big trucks and all other types of vehicles and I can appreciate anyone who passionately modifies their vehicles, but some people are just cunts lol

Comment

• Another thing that drives me nuts is people that say, "you don't need any smoke to make power, blah., blah , blah."

Most people don't realize a properly tuned truck sill still have some smoke before the turbo lites. My truck cleans up pretty well under boost (little bit of haze, but DDP injectors are dirty) but until that turbo lites it can be a smoke train.

Unless I'm having fun where there isn't traffic or a soul around I'll roll into the throttle to get some boost so I don't black out the highway.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                      I've had my fair share of big trucks and all other types of vehicles and I can appreciate anyone who passionately modifies their vehicles, but some people are just cunts lol
                      Yes, yes they are.

My body is still used to the Eastern time zone, I'm up way too early.

Comment

• Vid of my truck at idle

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• ^ I'm not a truck fan at all, but that sounds pretty good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            I need to find this vacuum leak. Get my front bumper painted. Get intercoolers. Sell the car. Buy E30, buy M52 with ZF 320 trans, E36M3 LSD, turbo bits.
                            Not positive but I think the e36 diff won't bolt in. The case is different, the diff itself is the same 188mm as a medium case e30 diff.
                            -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                            '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                            '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by FRSBrndn View Post
                              ^ I'm not a truck fan at all, but that sounds pretty good.
                              x2

Comment

• I wanna go skate

Comment

Working...
                                X