This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
    Off work early again. Meeting with the potential new employer in an hour. If this all works out, I will be back on track for SoWo.
    Permanent Job CJ?

Comment

• hi

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Yo.

Comment

• Sup.

Comment

• Just sitting here. Reading truck stuff

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Nice, getting ready to go home. Fucking hungry.

Comment

• Interesting. I don't live under a rock lol.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HvuMBN1TIHA"]Dupli-Color Perfect Match - Touch Up Paint - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

• Just finished watching The Rock with Sean Connery. Haven't seen it since I was a kid, and it's a pretty damn good movie for being 1996.

Comment

• I haven't seen that movie in a looong time.

Literally the last 3 weeks I have done nothing but work, tinker on the truck, and read/plan my build. hahahah

There is so much info out there

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Welcome to my life of keeping up on people's AE86 builds and ideas/info!

Comment

• [QUOTE=andybob;1442637]and read/plan my build. /QUOTE]

Build of truck or???
                        -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                        '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                        '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• [quote=DER E30;1442640]
                          Originally posted by andybob View Post
                          and read/plan my build. /QUOTE]

Build of truck or???
                          Truck build.

At the limit with the stock turbo. The truck could make more power if I had more air.

Eventually I want to do a 62/65/12 turbo with head studs and 100hp injectors. Should put me in the 500hp range with 1000 ft lbs torque

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• [quote=andybob;1442642]
                            Originally posted by DER E30 View Post

Truck build.

At the limit with the stock turbo. The truck could make more power if I had more air.

Eventually I want to do a 62/65/12 turbo with head studs and 100hp injectors. Should put me in the 500hp range with 1000 ft lbs torque
                            Weak as fuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by coconutt View Post
                              Welcome to my life of keeping up on people's AE86 builds and ideas/info!
                              I kinda want to build a 76-82 corvette as next project. Looking around they're fairly cheap and I'd love to LS swap and maybe bag it to piss off the purists. And NOT get freaking 22inch wheels.

ON a side note, this Lotus is freaking neat

Originally posted by andybob View Post

That's kool. They're pretty dang fun at that powerlevel You're gonna need more injector though I think to get there.
                              Last edited by DER E30; 04-21-2015, 07:49 PM.
                              -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
                              '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
                              '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
                                I kinda want to build a 76-82 corvette as next project. Looking around they're fairly cheap and I'd love to LS swap and maybe bag it to piss off the purists. And NOT get freaking 22inch wheels.

ON a side note, this Lotus is freaking neat[IMG]snip[/IMG]

That's kool. They're pretty dang fun at that powerlevel You're gonna need more injector though I think to get there.
                                That Lotus is pretty nifty.

Nah. 100's should be just about enough. You just need enough fuel to lite the turbo. Coupled with a good tune (edge programmer) it'll get more than enough to lite. A lot of people tend to over fuel turbos. a 62/65/12 spools very similar to a stock HX35. You don't need massive sticks to get it going.

Now, if I were to go with a 62/65/14 I'd probably need at least 125 to touch that sucker off.

I could also do a compound setup using the stock HX35, but that's more work than what I really want to do at this point. If I can stay with a single and still have it spool down low, I don't see the point in a compound setup unless I was going for 600+ hp. At that point you're doing at a minimum a hot rod vp44, pushrods, and springs. Might even need to do a cam as well.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Working...
                                X