This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• still misfiring

chaps, i have a dark blue 1972 fiat 500 here, i want to keep it as clean as possible, but... have you seen any others modified that actually look good?

Comment

• remove the bumpers
      but some mooneyes and whitewalls and you are golden
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
        remove the bumpers
        but some mooneyes and whitewalls and you are golden
        whitewalls are coming, have already taken off the extra chrome on the bumpers

by mooneyes, do you mean the flat faced steel wheels or the steels with chrome centre caps?

Comment

• Sup blokes.

Time to take a massive dump.

Comment

• steel, chrome centres

also remove the bumpers (i'm guessing you already removed the lil bar on the bumper)

Comment

if you like electronic music

probably one of the best sets ever made
              been years since i last heard it
              so i'll share my knowledge

https://soundcloud.com/pedro-hunter-...gweed-northern
              Giving it a listen now
              Originally posted by exhaustfarts View Post
              still misfiring

chaps, i have a dark blue 1972 fiat 500 here, i want to keep it as clean as possible, but... have you seen any others modified that actually look good?
              Bummer. Any word on the compression test? Leakdown test? Might be some poorly sealing valves.
              whitewalls are coming, have already taken off the extra chrome on the bumpers

by mooneyes, do you mean the flat faced steel wheels or the steels with chrome centre caps?
              Steel wheels with chrome smoothie covers for sure.

I would just leave it alone. The 500's are such "bubbly" little cars that it's difficult to make them look "cool". Can't say I'm a huge fan.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Eh, mix is okay P. This is more what I like.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynXvZ7nTVI4"]Loz Contreras - Sarajevo (Blackmill Remix) - YouTube[/ame]
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• bear in mind this is '96

Comment

steel, chrome centres

also remove the bumpers (i'm guessing you already removed the lil bar on the bumper)
                    yeah that bumper bar came off right away - she's got steels with chrome centres, just need a re-paint, the centres are held on with a single nut in the middle thats driving me mad.

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                    Bummer. Any word on the compression test? Leakdown test? Might be some poorly sealing valves.

Steel wheels with chrome smoothie covers for sure.

I would just leave it alone. The 500's are such "bubbly" little cars that it's difficult to make them look "cool". Can't say I'm a huge fan.
                    Haven't taken it for a test yet, but it ran FINE this morning through the lanes, then had a hissy fit on the way back. Got it going somewhere Monday so I hope they can do the test quick enough to sort whatever it is before the 15th. I tested the coil packs for arcing and for water getting under them/between the packs and the plugs.. nothing. Bone dry, though there are water marks.

I can say I despise the modern ones, but the classics are just hilarious - they're half the width of a lane of traffic here, and mine is left hand drive and doesn't go above 55mph, so its a terrifying experience. Need a little excitement in your life? rush hour in a classic fiat.

edit: here's the little fecker
                    Last edited by exhaustfarts; 01-28-2015, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Morning guys.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      if you like electronic music

probably one of the best sets ever made
                      been years since i last heard it
                      so i'll share my knowledge

https://soundcloud.com/pedro-hunter-...gweed-northern

^This nigga right here knows what's up. Been a huge Digweed fan. Saw him live at EDC last year.

Comment

bear in mind this is '96
                        Truth. Doesn't help that my taste in music is all over the place.
                        yeah that bumper bar came off right away - she's got steels with chrome centres, just need a re-paint, the centres are held on with a single nut in the middle thats driving me mad.

Haven't taken it for a test yet, but it ran FINE this morning through the lanes, then had a hissy fit on the way back. Got it going somewhere Monday so I hope they can do the test quick enough to sort whatever it is before the 15th. I tested the coil packs for arcing and for water getting under them/between the packs and the plugs.. nothing. Bone dry, though there are water marks.

I can say I despise the modern ones, but the classics are just hilarious - they're half the width of a lane of traffic here, and mine is left hand drive and doesn't go above 55mph, so its a terrifying experience. Need a little excitement in your life? rush hour in a classic fiat.
                        That's frustrating. I still stand by my thought of a vacuum leak, usually happens when a car is up to temp. The 330Ci did that when I first got it- ran fine when cold, but like ass when it was warm. Turned out the intake book was haggered and the MAF sensor was dirty as hell.

I have all the excitement I need driving an American land barge with too much power, narrow tires, and so-so brakes.

Comment

• Sad part is, I really could drift in the space if I wanted to. lol

Some paint a few more lights and obviously work bench's and a lift at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                            Morning guys.

^This nigga right here knows what's up. Been a huge Digweed fan. Saw him live at EDC last year.

vato, as im not black but Spanish roots

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              That's frustrating. I still stand by my thought of a vacuum leak, usually happens when a car is up to temp. The 330Ci did that when I first got it- ran fine when cold, but like ass when it was warm. Turned out the intake book was haggered and the MAF sensor was dirty as hell.

I have all the excitement I need driving an American land barge with too much power, narrow tires, and so-so brakes.
                              Send me a land bargeeeeeee

The MAF sensor is on the list of things to check, and the previous owner has already sent me a new one, so when it stops raining again I'll be out frowning at it.

I mean, the bay is disgusting; http://i.imgur.com/HigI92k.jpg

Comment

vato, as im not black but Spanish roots
                                I know, but it's been that kind of morning already.

Comment

Working...
                                X