Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrew I want to talk to you about SUV things.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      CJ you certainly looked happy in the pictures on facebook.

Indeed. I haven't spoken to Jaze in months. Ollie and Dave had disappeared, too.
      I'm still friends with Dave on FB. Looks like he's buried into his work, too. And I imagine Ollie is hella-busy with Felony Form.

We're all growing up. It's cool, but it sucks.

Wherever Jaze is, I hope he knows that I love his M3. And maybe him. No homo.

Okay, a lot of homo.

Originally posted by Kielan View Post
      Andrew I want to talk to you about SUV things.
      What's up?

Originally posted by Rob&co
      MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

• I'm looking into getting a serious adventure vehicle. Been kinda leaning toward 4th Gen 4Runner, but I'd be interested to see if there were any SUVs that you'd suggest.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Kielan, what's your budget for an adventure vehicle?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
            I'm looking into getting a serious adventure vehicle. Been kinda leaning toward 4th Gen 4Runner, but I'd be interested to see if there were any SUVs that you'd suggest.
            If you want a mix of capability and reliability, go with the 4Runner.

If you want to sacrifice reliability for more capability, go with an old LR Discovery or Range Rover.

If you want to be a douchebag, get a newer Wrangler with Dana 44s.

Comment

• Bleh
              Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                Kielan, what's your budget for an adventure vehicle?
                10-12k
                Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
                If you want a mix of capability and reliability, go with the 4Runner.

If you want to sacrifice reliability for more capability, go with an old LR Discovery or Range Rover.

If you want to be a douchebag, get a newer Wrangler with Dana 44s.
                I wanted to get an LR3, but it's lack of a solid rear axle makes me weary. Even though I love how they look.

I was thinking about a Wrangler unlimited cause I do actually like them, but they're generally out of my price range.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

10-12k

I wanted to get an LR3, but it's lack of a solid rear axle makes me weary. Even though I love how they look.

I was thinking about a Wrangler unlimited cause I do actually like them, but they're generally out of my price range.
                  You sacrifice a good deal of on-road comfort with the Wrangler Unlimited. I consider them pretty unrefined cars. Plus, I'm still not totally sold on Chrysler's quality, even though it's gone up in the last few years.

I think you're spot on with the idea of a 4Runner. Get an older one, then spend some dough bringing it up to off-road snuff. Shouldn't take much, and the damn thing will run you 300,000+ miles if you keep up on service and don't randomly choose a lemon.

Comment

10-12k

Comment

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
                      You sacrifice a good deal of on-road comfort with the Wrangler Unlimited. I consider them pretty unrefined cars. Plus, I'm still not totally sold on Chrysler's quality, even though it's gone up in the last few years.

I think you're spot on with the idea of a 4Runner. Get an older one, then spend some dough bringing it up to off-road snuff. Shouldn't take much, and the damn thing will run you 300,000+ miles if you keep up on service and don't randomly choose a lemon.
                      On road comfort isn't a huge deal to me. Whatever I get is immediately getting a lift (an actual kit not spacers), tires, and a whole bunch of armor goodies lol.
                      As much as I love them. I want a longer wheel base, and something that has the modern creature comforts like some where for speakers and a dual din Headunit lol.
                      - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

On road comfort isn't a huge deal to me. Whatever I get is immediately getting a lift (an actual kit not spacers), tires, and a whole bunch of armor goodies lol.

As much as I love them. I want a longer wheel base, and something that has the modern creature comforts like some where for speakers and a dual din Headunit lol.

Had to throw it out there.

Comment

• If I had like 4 cars. I would be on a flight out there right now to pick that bitch up.
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well then you're stuck between the 4Runner and the Wrangler UL. Personally, I think the 4Runner looks better with aftermarket off-road goodies attached.

The 4Runner will cost you less to own over the next few years. Otherwise, it's a manner of personal taste, as both cars are great for what you need.

Comment

• If you can find a good PNW runner, you can store it at my place if you need.

Be back in a while, gotta go and get some work done.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                                CJ you certainly looked happy in the pictures on facebook.
                                Wait, I do? Which ones?

Also, good morning y'all. Looks like my job got extended out to Feb 13th up here in Fresno. Hoping I get this job that just popped up in Arroyo Grande that starts on Feb 16. Doesn't really get me closer to ODB, but it is a little further south and on the coast at least.

Hopefully I can get the rest of the suspension parts I need ordered with my next paycheck.
                                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
                                X