Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No I still do my own shit, but like I literally only do it because I want to. The car scene and a lot of the people I have met through it have changed a lot since I got into cars. And a lot of those people aren't people I care to have my name associated with or people that I would want to associate with.

That's not to say I don't have great friends that I made from cars, but a lot of them got super caught up in the quest for e-fame and dick riding, and doing stupid shit for attention.

There's too much drama, and too much competitiveness for something that we started out doing to unwind and relax. I'll continue to do what I want to my cars cause I personally find wrenching fun, and driving something that you've put time, effort, and money into is a very rewarding feeling. But I don't feel as though I gain anything when some random dude thinks my car is "so dope" or that "those wheels are dope".
    Last edited by Kielan; 01-21-2015, 10:29 AM.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• There's got to be a peak for E-fame and dick riding, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        There's got to be a peak for E-fame and dick riding, right?
        To my mind, even if you have a ton of e-fame you're still in the same shitty life position you were when you started.

If you're burning all of your money on car parts (that isn't a student), and living pay check to paycheck because you need to make sure your car can oogled at by a bunch of dudes on the internet, you need a serious life reevaluation.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
          To my mind, even if you have a ton of e-fame you're still in the same shitty life position you were when you started.

If you're burning all of your money on car parts (that isn't a student), and living pay check to paycheck because you need to make sure your car can oogled at by a bunch of dudes on the internet, you need a serious life reevaluation.
          True. I think the time I knew it was going downhill was when I saw a set of HRE's go for more than what the car that they went on was worth.

I'll try to find the ad.

Comment

• such wisdom Kelly!!!

i remember some of the kids i looked up to when i was young and stupid, all driving big cars (but only putting in a gallon of gas everytime) who have shit now
            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
              True. I think the time I knew it was going downhill was when I saw a set of HRE's go for more than what the car that they went on was worth.

I'll try to find the ad.
              it was on a vw Passat lel

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                it was on a vw Passat lel
                Yes!

12K for the wheels, and the Passat was only worth 11K.

Comment

• lol, i was expecting something more like

3k car with 7K wheels...

also threads like these

e36 fitment wheels uhm yah

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                    lol, i was expecting something more like

3k car with 7K wheels...

Spent 12K on wheels for a car that was 16K new.

Comment

• i get what u mean tho

Comment

• I don't care so much about the margins, that's fine. But be fucking responsible, and don't then bitch about having no money when you are a grown ass man and have bills to pay but can't because you spent all of your rent money on wheels. Sorry, you're a fucking moron.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• lol really, be responsible??

we are talking about e-fame right

now that I've set up my own business, the gti is just a transportation device.

if it didn't drive so good I would have already traded it in for a van
                          Last edited by P78; 01-21-2015, 11:21 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                            I don't care so much about the margins, that's fine. But be fucking responsible, and don't then bitch about having no money when you are a grown ass man and have bills to pay but can't because you spent all of your rent money on wheels. Sorry, you're a fucking moron.

Holy shit, we're growing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                              lol really, be responsible??

we are talking about e-fame right

now that I've set up my own business, the gti is just a transportation device.

if it didn't drive so good I would have already traded it in for a van
                              Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post

Holy shit, we're growing up.
                              And that my friends is why I do not give a fuck about the car scene any more.

I don't judge people for their cars, I judge them for how they act, and that is why I can't be bothered.
                              Last edited by Kielan; 01-21-2015, 11:24 AM.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• tbh, I never was a scene guy, I just met some cool people here and I stayed, this is the only car related site I visit

Comment

Working...
                                X