This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    Barb got bit by the Jeep bug, and I got a bonus. We paid off the yurt a year early. We then are borrowing to buy the Jeep. the payment is less and the loan is finished at the same time as the old yurt payment was going to be.
    Very cool. Did you get it home yet?
    Originally posted by Kielan View Post
    It will legit need nothing, yanking my chain or not. It will be sold in perfect shape.

The plan for whatever truck I get will be (really think it'll be a 4th gen runner):
    Lift (also encompasses necessary LCA and UCA upgrades)
    Front and rear metal bumpers (front will prob get a 8000LB winch)
    Sliders and skid plates
    Wheels/Tires
    Rear Swingout for spare and jerry cans
    Roof light bar, ditch lights, etc (visibility is important)
    Roof basket
    Rear locker (eventually)
    Sounds like it'll be a cool project! I'm surprised, I never pinned you for the offroading type.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      Bringing it home tonight.

Comment

• In other words today is dragging.
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Sounds like it'll be a cool project! I'm surprised, I never pinned you for the offroading type.
          I've always wanted to get into it, and have a vehicle that could go anywhere no matter what. Now I finally have the perfect excuse to do it. So why not. I'm excited to get into something completely different.

I'll own a fun small fast car again someday, but for now I know I'm going to be really happy with this direction.
          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

In other words today is dragging.
            Truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kielan View Post
              I've always wanted to get into it, and have a vehicle that could go anywhere no matter what. Now I finally have the perfect excuse to do it. So why not. I'm excited to get into something completely different.

I'll own a fun small fast car again someday, but for now I know I'm going to be really happy with this direction.
              you'll love it. I use my SUV all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                Realistically the car will get driven 20-30 times a year max.
                - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Cool, dude. Looking forward to what you guys do man. Nothing better than chasing your dream, especially if your dad will be involved.
                  Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  Truth.
                  Just like when you get the delivery notification for car parts when you're at work.
                  Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                  You'll love it until you have to put gas in it.

I love my truck, until it's time to feed it.

Comment

• I doubt it'll be much worse on gas than my S4, I average 12-15 mpg around town and ~20 mpg highway in that as it sits right now lol.
                    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I doubt it'll be much worse on gas than my S4, I average 12-15 mpg around town and ~20 mpg highway in that as it sits right now lol.
                      I was thinking that. I'm only a little more with my car.

Comment

• Also, definitely not buying a big SUV and putting giant tires on it expecting good gas mileage lol.
                        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

I doubt it'll be much worse on gas than my S4, I average 12-15 mpg around town and ~20 mpg highway in that as it sits right now lol.
                          Christ. And I thought getting 25 was bad in a car.
                          Originally posted by Kielan View Post
                          Also, definitely not buying a big SUV and putting giant tires on it expecting good gas mileage lol.
                          Good point. The worst part is, you get the poor fuel mileage with none of the fun provided by speed.

Are there any good spots to go offroading near you?

Comment

Cool, dude. Looking forward to what you guys do man. Nothing better than chasing your dream, especially if your dad will be involved.

Just like when you get the delivery notification for car parts when you're at work.

You'll love it until you have to put gas in it.

I love my truck, until it's time to feed it.
                            meh, the advantages of the SUV make the gas mileage easily bearable so I aint shook

Comment

Christ. And I thought getting 25 was bad in a car.

Good point. The worst part is, you get the poor fuel mileage with none of the fun provided by speed.

Are there any good spots to go offroading near you?
                              Lol if I got 25 in my S4 I'd be thrilled.

Speed is fun and all, but I'm not really that guy who fucking blasts everywhere, I'll cruise at 80 on the highway sure, but it's rare that I get over 85. I only take my car to full boost like once every couple weeks as is. I guess I've matured?

CT has a lot of great trails, and I plan on doing a lot of weekend trips up to places like VT/NH/NY, and potentially longer trips up into Canada. I'm excited for the whole new world it'll open up.
                              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• At some point SW will have to add an off road builds section.

Comment

Working...
                                X