This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
    Grand Cherokee's are super cheap round me...
    Don't really want a Grand Cherokee, I know I know it's super capable, just never really been a fan.

Whatever I get will be getting the full treatment, as I'm moving into the city, this car will stay at my parents place, and will be a car that gets used for fun on weekend wheeling trips/winter mountain adventuring.

Really just looking for something that's easy to work on, has room for 4 people and their shit, can handle a decent roof load, and has plentiful aftermarket parts.
    - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Nice, I bought a GC for wheeling purposes a few months ago, and welded the diffs and stupid T case that weekend Then broke the motor mounts which let the motor move forward taking out the rad... I guess the motor mounts did have 275k on them but driving through a puddle at ~40 shouldn't have killed them ha Might have been teh jumping 2 ft in the air that did it...
      Teh HEEP

This was before I took off the tree limb catcher and cut off teh stock rear sway bar...
      Last edited by DER E30; 01-19-2015, 02:24 PM.
      -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
      '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
      '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Hmmm 4th gen 4Runners look realllllll interesting.
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• If you plan on going wheeling get something cheap, the cheaper the better so you can bash it on a tree and not really care, wheeling in something you can't scratch really sucks!
          -Christian.

'91 318iS AW2/blk slow garage queen/build...
          '02 ///M3 carbonschwartz 6MT daily beast
          '37 Chevy pickup-garagequeen...

Comment

• Originally posted by DER E30 View Post
            If you plan on going wheeling get something cheap, the cheaper the better so you can bash it on a tree and not really care, wheeling in something you can't scratch really sucks!
            I'm not too worried about price, as long as I can keep it ~10k for the car. I'm fully prepared and understand that it will take a fucking beating. I do want to be able to get into it and not **** everything about the car though.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• Going to look at a warehouse space 30 seconds from my house. 1500sq. ft for $725 a month. Open floor. Lets see how this turns out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post

model no is A1150.....
                I'd say run OSX Mountain lion. I might have a .dmg image at home. Then you can boot from a flash drive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                  I'd say run OSX Mountain lion. I might have a .dmg image at home. Then you can boot from a flash drive.
                  lmk man, thatd be great. I have a buddy in town looking around for his OSX cd tonight, if he doesn't find, i'll be needing something asap

Comment

• Got her down to $675 a month. If I can find someone to go in on this with me I'll be golden. So much space, so much potential.

Comment

• a guy I know tried to get me to sign on to a joint warehouse rental

lol gtfo, i'll use that money for parts but thanks

Comment

• ok so I've downloaded the snowleopard .dmg onto an empty USB flash drive

when im done installing the new HD, will I be able to boot to USB and run OS install? or is there something else I need to do before I can install from USB?

Comment

• You will need to make that USB bootable. Here is a step by step, real easy.
                          Even though OS X Snow Leopard has been around for quite a few years, it remains a favorite for some Mac users with legacy software support. Additionally, some older Macs stopped receiving updates...
                          - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

• thnx

Comment

• Buncha fegs.

Comment

• coming from the biggest feg

Comment

Working...
                                X