This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
    If you don't mind sharing... How much did you end up paying in total for your yurt?
    About 32K. Including new appliances and a bunch of shit I didn't really need (Heated tile, custom counters, fancy faucets and such. If I was to do it again, I'd probably look at one of the wooden yurts.

Comment

• Yea, I've been considering doing one, but i'm not educated enough about them yet to really know what's the better deal. What are you using your's for? Full time living or?
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• What company did you buy from as well?

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
          Yea, I've been considering doing one, but i'm not educated enough about them yet to really know what's the better deal. What are you using your's for? Full time living or?
          I've lived full time in it for 2 years in July. it's been decent in the winter now that I have a suitable woodstove. I kept it 70 degrees during the 15 degree cold snap we had.
          I bought mine from Pacific Yurts in Oregon. They've been making them for 30+ years and the top fabric is guaranteed for 20 years and the sides for 15. The only downside is that you have to be a sound sleeper. Rain and wind make quite a bit of noise. Also the largest canvas yurt is 30ft (706 sq ft.)

Wooden yurts are the next step up.

Comment

• I've been looking at the wooden ones a lot lately... I'm really digging them.

Comment

• Me too. Kind of wished I'd done one instead of the canvas.

Comment

• Goddam hippies.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

• Originally posted by zoo View Post
                  Goddam hippies.

Mostly just frugal. I own way too many guns, chainsaws, and cars to be a hippie.

Comment

• Well it looks like I'll be a Jeep owner in February.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                      Well it looks like I'll be a Jeep owner in February.
                      ...huh?
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                        ...huh?
                        Want to pay off the Yurt before I buy another vehicle. I'm for sure buying that CJ5.

Comment

• man if these camaro stockers sell to this guy, i'll be looking for wheels for the camaro

Comment

• should start a build thread lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                              should start a build thread lol
                              Build thread complete.

Comment

• S2000 antenna?
                                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                                Originally posted by Ollie
                                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X