• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice cold beer.

Comment

• sup coco
      Originally posted by anth
      Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

• Enjoying a beer before I shoot pool dude.

What's good in upsidedown land?

Comment

• nothing.

nothing is good.
          Originally posted by anth

Comment

• Originally posted by anth

Comment

• Jesus memes are always good.

Comment

• Yo
                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Yooooooooooooooo

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    I think I am going to buy a truck soon.

Can't decide if I just trade the Kia in just so I don't have to fuck with selling it, or sell it on my own to get a few more buckaroo's out of it.

Leaning towards trading it in. I just want the fucker to be gone. lol
                    Daily driving my truck in the winter is a swift kick in the groin.

Going from 28mpg down to 16-18mpg makes you plan out your trips a lot better.
                    Originally posted by andybob View Post
                    Yeah. Looking for a Cummins.

I really don't need a diesel truck, but I do need 4WD or AWD where I live now. If I eventually get a snowmobile a full size truck would allow me to throw it in the back and save from having to get a trailer. I could throw it in a 1500 but even the Ford Ecoturd really only gets about 16 mpg. Guy I work with has one, they really aren't all they are cracked up to be.

On the other hand, a Cummins from the factory will get around low 20's MPG. Intake, tune, and exhaust to make it flow better and you're in the mid to almost upper 20's depending on your foot. I like Ford trucks, but the Flowerpoke motor is garbage. I know people with them, I've driven them and thank god I never had to work on them. I also like the Duramax but I've just always liked the sound of the 5.9 Cummins. Nothing like a 6-pot diesel noise. Plus they fricken run forever...Not uncommon to see them with 300k+ miles on the stock block. I've also read about million mile stock motors. The chassis will go to shit long before the motor does.

tl;dr - yes, full size diesel, for fuel mileage reasons as I like to drive.
                    Another thing to remember is the cost of diesel vs. gasoline, and the maintenance schedule surrounding them.

Gasoline is dipping down to $3 a gallon, whereas diesel is still at ~$3.80 a gallon, and typically is .50-60 cents more. Even at a rate of 20mpg, it would still the same cost of owning a deisel (20mpg @ $3.80/gal for fuel, roughly $0.19 per mile) to a gas motor (16.5mpg @ $3.08/gal for fuel, ~$0.187 per mile) truck.

You'll certainly get more "bang" for your buck with a diesel in terms of power and torque, at the cost of cold winter starting issues and more expensive maintenance. Kind of like owning an M-car vs. a hopped up 3-series.
                    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                    Originally posted by Ollie
                    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Morning.

Comment

• Morning, John.
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Morning Chris.

TV's broken so I've gotten a lot of work done in the shop. The beetle is almost done.

Comment

• Just in time to set it on fire and push it into the woods!

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              Just in time to set it on fire and push it into the woods!

I at least want to see it drive.

Comment

• ...drive off the cliff into the woods, or?

Comment

Working...
                                X