Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd love a set of those in 5x120.65. Make them ridiculously wide (as in 12"+).

And then stuff them under my Monte with 305's.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Need to be 120.65. Damn GM lug patterns.
      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• why oh why

convert to 5x120? or is that impossibru
        Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Not a chance. I don't trust a high-horsepower car with adapters, either.

I would probably redrill before anything else.

Comment

• i just dont trust adapters lol

Comment

• I ran BMW spec wheels on my Grand national for years with no problems. as long as the hub bore is the same it will bolt right up. that .65 isnt going to make any real diffrence as long as you use conical lugs.

*Edit** car also made 600+ with 2" bolt on spacers in the rears. there are plenty of people that make big power on adapters/spacers.
              78 GMC Sierra Grande AKA "Black Betty"-Bagged, chopped, stupid.

Comment

• Nah, I'm good. Not in the habit of hacking things.

If they made wobble nuts, that I would probably try. All I need is something to seat the lug nuts dead flat to the face of the wheel.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                  Nah, I'm good. Not in the habit of hacking things.

If they made wobble nuts, that I would probably try. All I need is something to seat the lug nuts dead flat to the face of the wheel.
                  whatas to hack?

as long as you get hubcentric rings you're good. Thats what the wheel is suposed to ride on anyway. when I bolted the wheels up the lug nuts fell right into spot.

If I were you id borrow a 5X120 wheel and bolt it up to see for yourself. its going on a monte carlo you said?

Comment

• I bolted one of my Stye 5's onto the car once, didn't like the way the lug nuts seated. Wheels are not meant to be held on by the hub.

Comment

• Seriously though, someone find me wobble nuts and there will be BBS wheels on a Nova tonight.

Comment

• some jags also have that strange bolt pattern btw

Comment

• Yup, Land Rovers do too I think.

Comment

• yup too bad those LR mondial wheels are so small and have strange offsets

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              I bolted one of my Stye 5's onto the car once, didn't like the way the lug nuts seated. Wheels are not meant to be held on by the hub.
                              The hub is designed to take 98% of the load on a wheel... thats the purpose of the wheel hub, so your lug nuts arent taking the majoirty of the force. Think about it, when your wheel slams into a pot hole. You wouldn't want all that force transfered directly to the lug bolts.

Comment

Working...
                              X