This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
    doing the cummins swap in it, or keeping it OG?
    OG for the moment. I've got a Ford 390 and a 4 speed lined up. Maybe a cummins in the future though.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      Megasquirt is a double-edged sword. It's cheap, but there's a LOT that can go wrong.
      Yeah, but for M30 based motors it's the system that has been the most extensively used. It's either that or a Miller programmable W.A.R. chip. We'll see.
      Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
      2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
        Yeah, but for M30 based motors it's the system that has been the most extensively used. It's either that or a Miller programmable W.A.R. chip. We'll see.
        Are you going to do any mods or boost the M30?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
          OG for the moment. I've got a Ford 390 and a 4 speed lined up. Maybe a cummins in the future though.
          what year what body? regular cab long box like most?

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
            what year what body? regular cab long box like most?
            74 regular cab long box. I'm just going to do my usual OD green top and bedliner bottom. Maybe a 3" lift and 33's. Going to be my utility rig. Gutting the carpet for bedliner and then keeping the bench seat.

Comment

Are you going to do any mods or boost the M30?
              Boost. And I'm actually planning on swapping the motor for an M106 out of a euro e23 745i.
              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

74 regular cab long box. I'm just going to do my usual OD green top and bedliner bottom. Maybe a 3" lift and 33's. Going to be my utility rig. Gutting the carpet for bedliner and then keeping the bench seat.
                nice. found an old truck for super cheap the other day. went to look at it, fully trashed.

if i get this house i'm def gonna need a truck

Comment

• Originally posted by theseeker411 View Post
                  Boost. And I'm actually planning on swapping the motor for an M106 out of a euro e23 745i.
                  If it was me I'd go with the miller setup. By the time you get done with body work interior and an engine swap, electrical and mapping are gonna be the last thing on your mind.

Also, ask CA Tuned or Castro what they use. You'll probably need somebody like that to do the startup tune anyway.

Comment

If it was me I'd go with the miller setup. By the time you get done with body work interior and an engine swap, electrical and mapping are gonna be the last thing on your mind.

Also, ask CA Tuned or Castro what they use. You'll probably need somebody like that to do the startup tune anyway.
                    Yeah, I'm leaning more towards the Miller set up, it seems like a much easier way to go. Met the Castro guys once and they seemed cool so I'm sure I'll be talking to them about all of this soon.

Body and interior work probably won't happen for a while, which I'm ok with.
                    Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment

• Man, WTF did I eat today??

Comment

• Cracked my c pillars taking them off. Damn 21 year old plastics.

Comment

• Weight reduction.

Comment

• wait theres also a bmw 2 series now? stahp

Comment

• In for 9 series.

Comment

• Waiting on a 9 and 10 series.
                                Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley

Comment