This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
    Dual. I'm torn though because I like the Triumph Scrambler. It's between that or a DR650.
    if you know you'll be spending more than half the time off road, id go with the dr650

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
      if you know you'll be spending more than half the time off road, id go with the dr650
      probably 70/30 on road/off road.

Comment

• Probably still gonna go DR650. I wonder if I can get those metal boxes for the sides.

Comment

• if the weather cooperates I'm going on a ride on my bike on Saturday

its probably 60 miles total lol

Comment

• Sup bros.

Took a nap and thought I was late for work. Thank goodness.

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
              I feel like the last form of the car was pretty cool and I think he'll bring it back the right way and I also give him credit for doing something most people wouldn't have done to an e28. Idk if the fan base it has built is quite justified, but I won't rip on people for liking it nor mike for building it. Different strokes for different folks I reckon.
              This.

I've me Mike in person and while I didn't really talk to him much, he does seem to have a lot of passion for cars. I actually have a piece of Rusty somewhere around here. A bunch of us saw the car after it was burned down and he told us his plans for it. Be interesting to see how it all pans out.

I think I joined around the time he and Andrew did the cross country road trip in Rusty. I'd **** to sound cliche, but this place was so different back then. It just seems anymore the passion is lacking and it's all about the materialistic parts to a car instead of the passion. Everyone seems to be trying to 'kill the game' instead of just building the car they want how they like it. Even blogs who post articles and shit only post that kind of stuff. You don't see the more 'grassroots' "do what you can with what you got" builds anymore and that's kinda sad IMO. Those were always the awesome ones to read/follow.

For instance, the kid I sold my wheels to. He's a garbage man, prolly in his late teens early 20's. His car was an accord with a mis-matched panels, shark teeth on one side, unfinished bondo on one fender, you get the idea, but he did what he could to buy those wheel.

He had the money one week and something happened so he couldn't buy them that weekend. Then something happened the next weekend, until he finally had all the cash and was ready to meet. He did everything he could to get the wheels on the car, I chatted with him for a bit when we met. He had the true passion for cars, but just didn't have the money to build like he wanted to. I'm not saying this is an excuse to hack shit together, but it's that passion in him which made me like the car and understand it.

I just feel that's lacking now-a-days with builds.

I kinda rambled and got real sentimental there, go ahead and make fun of it..
              Last edited by andybob; 05-01-2014, 08:42 PM.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• You make some sense Andy. I just am tired of the constant leg humpers.

Comment

• In the end it's build what you like. Those that like what you're doing is just showing support.

Comment

• Fuck yea, 49 days until EDC.

Comment

• you fgts gonna kiss now?
                      Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• sooo bored
                        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Just dug this out of my shop. Forgot I had it.

Comment

• whats with all the feels in here, faggots?

Comment

• Go Warriors.

Comment

• Morning.

Comment

Working...
                                X