This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shitty day.

I am just burning some cd's for the car since I am too broke for a headunit.

Comment

• Coworker is grabbing the extra set of keys for me and bringing it to my house.

If the Niners didn't win, I probably wouldn't have gotten his help.

Comment

• sup
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Yo Broman.

Didn't pull the head yet. Ran some more tests.

No spark on all cylinders. What are the chances of 4 bad coil packs? I had my brother hold each plug one at a time on metal things and nothing. Checked fuses and they're good.

Comment

• Does your car run a distributor or crank angle sensor?

Comment

• Crank angle sensor. I just replaced that last year due to a recall on them, so the one I installed was the newer design.

Comment

• You pretty much have to go through all the ignition components to find out why there is no spark.

have you checked if the injectors fire? Coz if the injectors are firing, then the crank angle sensor would be alright, so you have to work down the path of your ignition system.

What about the ignitor chip? is that all, good or could water possibly got into it and fried it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                  You pretty much have to go through all the ignition components to find out why there is no spark.

have you checked if the injectors fire? Coz if the injectors are firing, then the crank angle sensor would be alright, so you have to work down the path of your ignition system.

What about the ignitor chip? is that all, good or could water possibly got into it and fried it?
                  How do I check if the injectors fire?

And I don't even know where the igniter chip would be lol.

Comment

• It looks something like that, usually mounted on the firewall or strut tower

Comment

• take the plugs out and try to start the engine. If fuel comes out of the spark plug holes, the injectors must be firing

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                        It looks something like that, usually mounted on the firewall or strut tower

I'll check it out next time.

Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                        take the plugs out and try to start the engine. If fuel comes out of the spark plug holes, the injectors must be firing
                        Could that be what's in the cylinders instead of water?

Comment

• well you could always drop a match and find out

but yes it could be, but surely you would smell fuel?

Comment

• Yeah I smelt fuel when I pulled the plugs earlier today. I just noticed it could be fuel today.

Comment

• yeah good thing you didn't start pulling the head off yet

Comment

• X2

If it is fuel though, that means my #1 cylinder is firing because it is the only cylinder that is completely dry. Unless that cylinder isn't getting fuel.

Comment

Working...
                                X