• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• if they are conceivable

and hi
    Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Roman is up to his crazy ideas and Coco FINALLY took care of that alternator. Looks like I'm caught up for this lack of thread movement.

Sup cunts?
      Sup. Call me Z.
      My Accord "build".

Comment

• RB30s are cheap and have plenty of torque to skid.

I could buy a complete Manual R31 Skyline with all the parts I need for less than $1k for a donor car.

I want to drift it next year coz I want to keep the 180 streetable.

The reason i want a complete S13 front end in one is because S13s have a lot of proven drift setups and parts are cheap. The front crossmember is actually close to lining up too. Oh and I have the complete 4 stud front end still sitting in the garage after the 5 stud conversion on the 180, so includes brakes and all.

The idea is to have the build complete for under $1k

The only issue I see is sourcing an RB20 rear oil sump and pickup from a 200ZR Z31 which can cost up to $300 in itself.
        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• tl;dr
          Sup. Call me Z.
          My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
            Morning all.

I see Roman is at it early with the crazy ideas.
            Originally posted by Neil View Post
            Crazy ideas are the best ideas, no?
            Originally posted by P78 View Post
            if they are conceivable

and hi
            Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
            Roman is up to his crazy ideas and Coco FINALLY took care of that alternator. Looks like I'm caught up for this lack of thread movement.

Sup cunts?
            Sup Cunts

My ideas are not really crazy, RBs in Zs are one of the most common swaps around the world. however I have not seen a single person ever fit the whole S13 front end in one.

People have done the S/R-Chassis rear K frames, but nobody have done the complete front.

I have seen people run S13 knuckles flipped side to side to run front steer off the Z front crossmember, but that is all sorts of fucked up from a suspension geometry view point coz the built in caster and ackerman would be all wrong.

Also the cheap RB30 swap will give me a chance to fit a high comp RB26/30 later on

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
              Roman is up to his crazy ideas and Coco FINALLY took care of that alternator. Looks like I'm caught up for this lack of thread movement.

Sup cunts?
              he also got wheels for his nissan

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                Sup Cunts

My ideas are not really crazy, RBs in Zs are one of the most common swaps around the world. however I have not seen a single person ever fit the whole S13 front end in one.

People have done the S/R-Chassis rear K frames, but nobody have done the complete front.

I have seen people run S13 knuckles flipped side to side to run front steer off the Z front crossmember, but that is all sorts of fucked up from a suspension geometry view point coz the built in caster and ackerman would be all wrong.

Also the cheap RB30 swap will give me a chance to fit a high comp RB26/30 later on
                Morning Roman.

What you are thinking isn't too far fetched but it's just trying to make sure they all work together which is the hard part about the whole thing.

Remember I have the RB30 and shit in my R31 that isn't going to be used and the only part I will really be keeping is the pedal box.
                But I am like 3 hours or so north.....

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Only found 1 guy that ever thought of such an idea, he posted some pictures as food for though for other members, but most Z owners just dismissed it saying the standard setup is good enough.

Mounting holes don't quite line up but they are pretty close

Comment

• Is it just me or does S13 stuff bolt up or almost bolt up to alot of Nissan cars far too easily?

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
                      Morning Roman.

What you are thinking isn't too far fetched but it's just trying to make sure they all work together which is the hard part about the whole thing.

Remember I have the RB30 and shit in my R31 that isn't going to be used and the only part I will really be keeping is the pedal box.
                      But I am like 3 hours or so north.....
                      What I'm contemplating is whether i will need an S13 or an R32 crossmember to fit the RB correctly. I want it moved as close to the firewall as possible.

Also contemplating where exactly the crossmember has to sit to ensure the front wheel is in the center of the guard and I can get good clearance lock to lock

Comment

Is it just me or does S13 stuff bolt up or almost bolt up to alot of Nissan cars far too easily?
                        Well the Z's L motor is the predecessor to the RB, so even the bellhousing bolt pattern is almost identical, only 2 bolts don't line up.

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                          he also got wheels for his nissan
                          Doesn't he have around 30 sets of wheels already? Probably why I missed it.
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

• uehm no

also

LOL WHAT

Comment

• I sold a set of wheels. well kinda took a good size deposit on them, so good as sold.

Now to use my big pay from this fortnight from working every day and the wheel money and pay off my debt to my importer and then any money I make after can go towards building cars again.

Oh also have the Rego and the insurance on the 180 due in Jan, so thats gona suck epic dick, there goes $1k+

Comment

Is it just me or does S13 stuff bolt up or almost bolt up to alot of Nissan cars far too easily?
                                The Legos of drift cars, so to speak.
                                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                                Originally posted by Ollie
                                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X