X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
    Morning, all.

Went down to Champaign to party at my alma mater this past weekend. Friday night, a beer bottle breaks at the neck while I'm holding it, giving me a pretty deep laceration to my ring finger. Bar manager was a nursing student, so he dressed the wound and I kept drinking.

Next day, I got to take a look at it. The cut isn't so deep I can see fat, but it's deep enough to be open Saturday morning, bleeding like a stuck pig. Bought $40 worth of medical supplies at CVS, and have been teaching myself the finer points of wound dressing ever since.

It's sealed up for the most part now, and should give me a pretty wicked scar when it heals.

So, you know, productive weekend.
    Finger cuts are the fucking worst. Especially when it comes down to playing video games.
    Originally posted by 180roman View Post
    how the hell do you keep managing to cut your fingers off so much?
    I thought I was hard. I've had my left thumb broken backwards at the second knuckle and sewn back on, that's about my worst hand injury.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Oh yeah, had a ton of fun.

It went well, actually. Marilynn and I are gonna talk about me continuing to do the blog posts (like, they'll e-mail me the week's pictures over the weekend and I'll type up blog posts before Monday) for some cash on the side.

So this could very well be the summer of money for me. Which is good; I have a car to pay off and a parents' house to move out of.
      That sounds like an awesome set up. A full time job and a cash job on the side.
      Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Looks like the q45 calipers have almost the same front "sizing" as the oem calipers and more clamping force than an z32 caliper.

Going to run the OEM caliper for now since its virtually free, then if I find I need moar brakes, I'll look into upgrading.
        Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
          Finger cuts are the fucking worst. Especially when it comes down to playing video games.

I thought I was hard. I've had my left thumb broken backwards at the second knuckle and sewn back on, that's about my worst hand injury.
          Worst I had on my hand was like 6 stitches

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
            Looks like the q45 calipers have almost the same front "sizing" as the oem calipers and more clamping force than an z32 caliper.

Going to run the OEM caliper for now since its virtually free, then if I find I need moar brakes, I'll look into upgrading.
            Q45 are sliding twin pots?

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
              how the hell do you keep managing to cut your fingers off so much?
              Some of it happened while working on cars and a bit happened when I worked in a resteraunt. The tip of my finger I did with a deli slicer. Those fuckers are sharp.

The finger I cut off got caught in a spinning bike tire. Got caught in the brake disk, went around, my hand hit the fork, and my finger stopped the tire. Ripped it right off. Blood everywhere. lol

Originally posted by AndrewFromTheInternet View Post
              Jesus fucking Christ, Andrew. That's some serious shit right there.

Guess I can't complain about the finger anymore. haha.
              Yeah. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Weak stomachs, don't look. Here are some finger pics. I won't post them with the [img] codes for those that don't want to see it. lol

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Those photos are not too graphic, i thought there was going to be like partially missing finger pic

Comment

Q45 are sliding twin pots?
                    yeah man
                    Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Wouldn't 300ZX brakes be easier to source and get "performance" parts for though? Slotted rotors, good pads, hardware, etc.
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Lots of shit to do tomorrow.

Gonna wake up, eat, put my car on stands outside, drop the bumpers and splash gaurds, go look at a house, come back, take off the brakes and rear swaybar (hope the endlinks come off easy), powerwash under the car, clean and paint the swaybar, paint some stuff under the car, then work on the wheels when it gets dark.

Wednesday I'll put the new brakes on, put everything back together, then keep working on the wheels.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

That sounds like an awesome set up. A full time job and a cash job on the side.
                          Full time job, FMU cash on the side, plus my Total 911 freelancing.

Oh, and also: Porsche is commissioning a book for the 50th anniversary of the 911, and I'll be writing one of the stories in there. So that's pretty fucking cool.

Originally posted by Rob&co
                          MOCK MY FUCKING SPELLED WRONG WORDS PAL!

Comment

Full time job, FMU cash on the side, plus my Total 911 freelancing.

Oh, and also: Porsche is commissioning a book for the 50th anniversary of the 911, and I'll be writing one of the stories in there. So that's pretty fucking cool.
                            That is fucking awesome.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Be sure to work the word "drildo" in there somehow.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                                Be sure to work the word "drildo" in there somehow.
                                hahahahaha
                                I dislike Byron.

Comment

Working...
                                X