This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just did some more research.

I can basically re-use the brakes from the rear of my car as there isn't much of an option there. I would just need the 5 lug hub and rotors from the Tiburon. They use the same sized rotor. My calipers have 100k on them so I should get new ones soon anyways just 'cause.

Front is more expensive.

-5 lug hubs and new bearing since they are pressed in.
    -XG350 rotors, pads, calipers, and brakes since they are 12" diameter as opposed to my 10" current rotors. Rotara also makes a 13" brake but that's freakin massive. I think 12 is enough. I don't even know if 16's would slide over them puppies.

Still were talking a grand for just the shit to do it, then I still need wheels and tires.

Damn.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• You just spent the worth of the car. I keed I keed, but can you junkyard source stuff and rebuild the calipers and wheel bearings yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
        You just spent the worth of the car. I keed I keed, but can you junkyard source stuff and rebuild the calipers and wheel bearings yourself?
        I'm too anal for that shit. I'd want to do it with all new parts.

Only problem with bigger brakes is added unsrpung weight. I heard somewhere a 1 lb difference in unsprung weight is like a 2 lb difference of vehicle weight.

So say the wheels I have now are 20 lbs which might be a little on the light side but we'll go with it. If I went to Kosie's which weigh about 16 lbs that would be a 4 lb loss of unsrping weight or equal to a loss of 80 lbs vehicle weight. That's a pretty big difference.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Just use junkyard parts...
          Also dont give a fuck about unsprung weight, my style 95s are like 50 pounds with tires

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
            Just use junkyard parts...
            Also dont give a fuck about unsprung weight, my style 95s are like 50 pounds with tires
            I want to make the car handle better, like a lot better.

Unsprung weight kinda plays a role with that, especially when it comes to turn in and steering weight/feel.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• I know I know

i've hung on to my bbs rs 740's for that reason, they grip pretty ok with hancook v12's and dsc on, plus they give up grip alot more forgiving than big donk wheels with wide tires.
              when my 95's break traction in the rear it feels like a fucking slingshot, I need to replace my worn out bushings and throw in a fatter sway bar pretty badly

Comment

• car feels a ton more nimble too of course

Comment

• Funny enough the alloy 4 pot caliper brake upgrade from a R33 Skyline on my 180 weights the same as the stock single pot cast iron brake setup.
                  Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                    Funny enough the alloy 4 pot caliper brake upgrade from a R33 Skyline on my 180 weights the same as the stock single pot cast iron brake setup.
                    Gotta love aluminum.

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
                      I want to make the car handle better, like a lot better.

Unsprung weight kinda plays a role with that, especially when it comes to turn in and steering weight/feel.
                      Just throw some racing seats in it. It doesn't make the car handle any better, but it FEELS like it does hah

Put some sparcos in my daily, holy crap. So much more fun to drive.

Comment

• Sup Cunts!

I'm back from the strippers.
                        Was a good night, didn't spend any money other than for parking.

Tight ass drifter night out = successful
                        Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Just found a bunch of Super Nintendo Games in my closet. Gonna go sell these bad larry's to the local nerd shop.

Comment

• Lowes wont copy my key saying that it has a chip in it even though it doesnt.

VW doesnt carry Audi key blanks, so now I have to go pay out the ass just for a spare key.

Comment

• That reminds me, I need another key too

Comment

Working...
                              X