This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
    Sup fellas. What engine you throwing into the R31 Neil?
    I was originally going to throw a LS1 and a T56 in it but that was going to be probably 6k+ and thats before I even put the engine in the car.

But now I'm looking into something along the lines of a 302 and a T5 since I can pick them up for alot cheaper and if I break either of them I can replace them for cheap and there is plenty of them around here.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

• 302's are cheap as shit, its wonderful. Give it a 4 barrel son

Comment

• Yo John, so the pics of that chick you found??

creeperface.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
          302's are cheap as shit, its wonderful. Give it a 4 barrel son
          3 2 barrel Webers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neil View Post
            Morning everyone.

Might actually be getting an engine for the R31 finally.
            It had better have 8 cylinders.
            Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
            Sup guys.
            Yo.
            Originally posted by Neil View Post
            I was originally going to throw a LS1 and a T56 in it but that was going to be probably 6k+ and thats before I even put the engine in the car.

But now I'm looking into something along the lines of a 302 and a T5 since I can pick them up for alot cheaper and if I break either of them I can replace them for cheap and there is plenty of them around here.
            Meh, 302's are pretty weak, but you can't deny the fact that they're plentiful.

Make sure you get a newer 302 with roller rockers.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
              Because you asked nicely.

]
              Good stuff. I also liked this one

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
                3 2 barrel Webers.
                thats called a six pack, yank

Comment

Can't go wrong with that setup. Like you said, those things are everywhere for cheap. Aftermarket support is absolutely ridiculous and cheap. Blew up a SBF? No problem. Get a new one for a few hundred.
                  Sup. Call me Z.
                  My Accord "build".

Comment

• i've seen loose explorer 302's for 200 bucks at yards here

Make sure to get an 82!
                    That's the best year for american engines (they tightened the emissions again in 82)

My 82 f150 was making 130hp with the stock 351 haha, it would top out at 65 mph on the interstate and get 9 mpg while sounding like a suffocating ox

Comment

It had better have 8 cylinders.

Meh, 302's are pretty weak, but you can't deny the fact that they're plentiful.

Make sure you get a newer 302 with roller rockers.
                      302's are a better than other choices that I could go with like Holden 308's or the Lexus 4L.

Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
                      Can't go wrong with that setup. Like you said, those things are everywhere for cheap. Aftermarket support is absolutely ridiculous and cheap. Blew up a SBF? No problem. Get a new one for a few hundred.
                      Thats pretty much it.
                      Unlike if I went with a LS1 it would be like 3k to replace and engine and just as much for another gearbox.

I am really broke with far too many ideas.

Comment

302's are a better than other choices that I could go with like Holden 308's or the Lexus 4L.

Thats pretty much it.
                        Unlike if I went with a LS1 it would be like 3k to replace and engine and just as much for another gearbox.
                        I can't disagree with you there.

You could go the 350SBC route, but manual transmissions are difficult to come by, whereas 5-speed Rustangs are everywhere.
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• lol swaps

Comment

• I want something with a V8 and a 5-speed for absolutely no other reason than to thrash the ever-living shit out of it.

Comment

I want something with a V8 and a 5-speed for absolutely no other reason than to thrash the ever-living shit out of it.
                              like a ford f150?
                              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                                Good stuff. I also liked this one
                                This isn't trap music. What in the hell

Comment

Working...
                                X