This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
    I don't understand why you think the 9-5 is so much shitter than a 9-3. The 2.3's are the same god damn motor in either chassis, just the Aero's got the bigger TD04 turbo and different tuning. The block is the same.
    So true.

They are not the same blocks at all. the 2.3L is a old Saab motor. 2003 plus 9-3's( the only one you would want) use a GM motor that is the same as whats in a Cobalt Turbo SS they are both called Ecotec's to make things confusing but they are not the same motors at all.

The 2.3L uses Saabs retarded cassette ignition, which is retarded. You can blow the motor by not using the right plugs.

Maybe you should stop listening to the guy trying to unload his problem car on you and start doing some reading of your own.

Look I'm not trying to prove you wrong I'm just trying to help, but it sounds like you are a genius and can't be told anything. So sell your Kia get a used 10 year old Saab and see how much better your life is.
    Last edited by Z.Cockburn; 10-23-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
      Holy shit.
      Yep. He got lucky, but it's absolutely stupid to be going that fast around traffic.
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
        While I agree with that mostly, the proper gear on a bike goes a long way. A friend of mine hit a stopped suv a few months back at somewhere around 150-160 and lived with a broken pelvis. Zero cuts even. Full suit, Arai, boots... the works. Saved his ass though.
        +1 on the proper gear.

I had a friend dump his bike at over 130 (it was a Ducati something or other) but he didn't make it out quite as lucky.

He lost his left leg from the knee down and almost lost his right foot but they were able to save it. Lots of other broken bones, etc. His helmet looked like someone took a baseball bat and just beat the shit out of it. I don't understand how he survived. Hi body went into a guardrail at full speed.

Shit like that makes you think twice when you're hauling ass.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

+1 on the proper gear.

I had a friend dump his bike at over 130 (it was a Ducati something or other) but he didn't make it out quite as lucky.

He lost his left leg from the knee down and almost lost his right foot but they were able to save it. Lots of other broken bones, etc. His helmet looked like someone took a baseball bat and just beat the shit out of it. I don't understand how he survived. Hi body went into a guardrail at full speed.

Shit like that makes you think twice when you're hauling ass.
          Ouch sounds rough. I could sit here all day and tell friends and acquaintances horror stories but I'm far too lazy. The right gear helps though.
          IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
            They are not the same blocks at all. the 2.3L is a old Saab motor. 2003 plus 9-3's( the only one you would want) use a GM motor that is the same as whats in a Cobalt Turbo SS they are both called Ecotec's to make things confusing but they are not the same motors at all.

The 2.3L uses Saabs retarded cassette ignition, which is retarded. You can blow the motor by not using the right plugs.

Maybe you should stop listening to the guy trying to unload his problem car on you and start doing some reading of your own.

Look I'm not trying to prove you wrong I'm just trying to help, but it sounds like you are a genius and can't be told anything. So sell your Kia get a used 10 year old Saab and see how much better your life is.
            lol

you are so mad right now.

I would only get a Saab with the 2.3 motor for pretty much 1 major reason, parts are so interchangeable throughout the years they were produced. Are they the best motors? Probably not at all, but I'd really like to have a Saab before GM took them over and did their thing.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

lol

you are so mad right now.

I would only get a Saab with the 2.3 motor for pretty much 1 major reason, parts are so interchangeable throughout the years they were produced. Are they the best motors? Probably not at all, but I'd really like to have a Saab before GM took them over and did their thing.
              Saab actually had no influence from GM. They still did whatever they wanted, and GM was pissed about it
              Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

• Lol I'll only tell this because all of you are assholes and I don't know you. When I was younger, I borrowed my buddy's 06 cbr1000 to win the girl of my dreams (at the time) over. It was my 3rd time on a motorcycle ever. No permit, nothing. I did 140+ on the back roads and then some highway too.

I got the girl, but every time I think back on that ride, I shiver.

Comment

• I feel like you can't win either way.

A Saab? Bad news.

A Saab with GM parts? Worse bad news.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                    I feel like you can't win either way.

A Saab? Bad news.

A Saab with GM parts? Worse bad news.
                    I dont have a saying for Saab, but i have one for Volvo. Too bad we arent talking about those

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                      I dont have a saying for Saab, but i have one for Volvo. Too bad we arent talking about those
                      Hey guys I'm thinking about buying a Volvo 240 I hear they're bulletproof.

Comment

I did 140+ on the back roads and then some highway too.

Do you go on Nick.com without your parent's permission, too?
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Originally posted by Average_Jerk View Post
                          Just saying "Saab" sounds depressing.

Comment

Hey guys I'm thinking about buying a Volvo 240 I hear they're bulletproof.
                            fucking hipster, you would buy one

Comment

Do you go on Nick.com without your parent's permission, too?

Comment

Just saying "Saab" sounds depressing.
                                I pronounce it like "blab" not like "blob"

Comment

Working...
                                X