This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
    ^^ If you want a Saab the 9-5 is not the one you want. It's platform lingers from the old 9000 and the 2.3L motor is also based off an old Saab design. If you are looking to go down the route of bankrupt via a no longer produced Sweedish car then get a 9-3. its much more modern and the 2.0L is very close in power figures to the 95 only it has way less car to drag around.

Just be prepared, the parts are hard to come by and very expensive when you do.

I **** to say this but if you are looking for a car like that get an A4, they are just as reliable and at least you can still buy what ever part you need.

If you think a old 95 will be a more reliable choice then a A4 then you are dreaming..

[IMG]sip[/IMG]

I bought that car in very good condition one owner, I was warned by people that owned them about there reliability issues and I laughed it off thinking this car is awesome.

Nine months and 4 grand later it was the most expensive laugh ever. I'm not trying too poo over your parade, I'm just trying to give you my hard earned advice.
    Meh, I know the struggle with them and I know what I would be getting myself into. Guy I might buy the car off of is a Saab guru. That's all he works on, deals, and has a yard full of Saab's to get parts from.

Also, if you can't tell, I'm into weird cars as I own a Kia right now. I'll probably never own an Audi just because they're pretty meh to me.

Originally posted by mrg7243 View Post
    May need a new laptop batterey soon.
    lol

My laptop is 8 years old. Tell me more about your old battery.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
      LOL. Maybe he was drunk on Pabst

Snow is a lot of fun. Drifting, snowmobiling, etc. For a little while at least.
      Dry warm weather is nice too. Drifting, motorcross, etc. for always.

Originally posted by Minuki View Post
      I can't wait for snow
      If it absolutely has to be cold though I do hope we get some snow.

Originally posted by andybob View Post
      Sup yo's

I think the coils and wheel are going to come off my car next week.
      That's a sad day
      IG: ashtonlafleur

Comment

• Originally posted by andybob View Post
        Nah, but I haven't listed them anywhere yet. I figure if the car sells I can clean everything else up nice and then sell them to buy part for the next car.

Well, if my car doesn't sell I'll probably just hang onto them.

If I do plan to sell them you have the first dibs. I know I said I wanted $1200 before, but for you or any other RT'ers I'll do $1000. If I list them on here or anywhere else, I'll try and get 12 or maybe 1300 just because fuck everyone else.

I'll keep you in mind. I'm kind of on the fence on selling my Style 5's to my younger brother, or posting them on here. If I dump them on here, I'll probably scoop your wheels up. At least you'd always know where they were.
        Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
        I **** to say this but if you are looking for a car like that get an A4, they are just as reliable and at least you can still buy what ever part you need.
        You just used "A4" and "reliable" in the same sentence.

You never go full retard.
        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
        Originally posted by Ollie
        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I know what I said about the A4. That's how bad an 9-5 will be.

. Guy I might buy the car off of is a Saab guru. That's all he works on, deals, and has a yard full of Saab's to get parts from.
          Yeah I bought mine from 1 of 2 "Saab expert shops" in Toronto, they had about 15 of them around the shop, they assured me that parts are cheap and easy to come by.. until it came to the parts my car actually needed, then the song changed.
          Last edited by Z.Cockburn; 10-23-2013, 12:16 PM.

Comment

LOL. Maybe he was drunk on Pabst

Snow is a lot of fun. Drifting, snowmobiling, etc. For a little while at least.
            Lol
            Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

• Nothing is ever cheap, fast, and reliable....

Comment

• Originally posted by Dudermagee View Post
                Nothing is ever cheap, fast, and reliable....
                Werd

Comment

Motorcycles

Comment

• Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                    Motorcycles
                    Fast motorcycles are not cheap

Comment

Motorcycles
                      I have yet to see a crotch rocket with 50,000 miles on it.

Comment

Pick two, and live with the consequences.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

I still want a 2000-2004ish corvette pretty bad...

They aren't ridiculously priced either...

Comment

• Originally posted by Z.Cockburn View Post
                            I know what I said about the A4. That's how bad an 9-5 will be.

Yeah I bought mine from 1 of 2 "Saab expert shops" in Toronto, they had about 15 of them around the shop, they assured me that parts are cheap and easy to come by.. until it came to the parts my car actually needed, then the song changed.
                            I don't understand why you think the 9-5 is so much shitter than a 9-3. The 2.3's are the same god damn motor in either chassis, just the Aero's got the bigger TD04 turbo and different tuning. The block is the same.

Originally posted by aLaFleur View Post
                            Motorcycles
                            Thing is with motorcycles you have a very small margin of error when driving fast. In a car, you wreck at 100+ you've got a pretty decent chance, unless you like hit a tree or a wall head on.

A bike on the other hand....

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                            mind=blown

So true.

The Kia has been parted.

Comment

Fast motorcycles are not cheap
                              depends on what you consider a fast motorcycle.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                              I have yet to see a crotch rocket with 50,000 miles on it.
                              They are out there.

Thing is with motorcycles you have a very small margin of error when driving fast. In a car, you wreck at 100+ you've got a pretty decent chance, unless you like hit a tree or a wall head on.

A bike on the other hand....

While I agree with that mostly, the proper gear on a bike goes a long way. A friend of mine hit a stopped suv a few months back at somewhere around 150-160 and lived with a broken pelvis. Zero cuts even. Full suit, Arai, boots... the works. Saved his ass though.

Comment

While I agree with that mostly, the proper gear on a bike goes a long way. A friend of mine hit a stopped suv a few months back at somewhere around 150-160 and lived with a broken pelvis. Zero cuts even. Full suit, Arai, boots... the works. Saved his ass though.
                                Holy shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X