This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do it rob!
    If you dont have a vagina you can buy the leather for the blosters (is that the correct word?) on the sides of the front seats and replace them yourself.

Comment

• Yo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jlyons617 View Post
        Even the original rat rods weren't mint mechanically.
        Agreed. All of those were pieced together with random shit to make them work.
        Sup. Call me Z.
        My Accord "build".

Comment

• Originally posted by Stupid Kid View Post
          Do it rob!
          If you dont have a vagina you can buy the leather for the blosters (is that the correct word?) on the sides of the front seats and replace them yourself.
          *bolsters

Comment

• Originally posted by CrackerTeg View Post
            Agreed. All of those were pieced together with random shit to make them work.
            They're the ricers of yester-year.

Comment

• yes, i know that, but that's what i think anno 2013 that rat rods should be

dunno how this is mechanically, but came across it a while ago

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

It will run but it shows no progression, no creativity.
                I get it. It ruins the machine's original feel, technology, and style. Maybe someday I'll change my mind. But for now, I love the thought of putting newer technology in older vehicles.

(especially if you can disguise it to look like it is original from the outside)

Comment

It will run but it shows no progression, no creativity.
                  I will agree to a point.

There are cars that are built as "resto-rods", and there are cars built as "hot rods".

Resto-rods are more what Hale's Speed Shop does- they retrofit modern conveniences into cars that look incredibly badass, while making them reliable and (somewhat) safe.

Hot rods are cars pieced together by your average Joe in his garage, using whatever he can to make a car run and drive. Safety is an afterthought, and that's part of the excitement- you could die from any one hackjob along the line.

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                  do it rob

imo the problem with rat style cars is ruined by the scene kids with their rusted panels

a rat should be untouched at the outside and mint mechanically
                  I agree that they should be untouched on the outside, but I like mechanical quirks. Cars that leak oil on the rocker covers, cars that don't start on the first try and require fiddling with, etc etc. Helps maintain the car's soul and character.

Hot rods that start on the first time don't really possess such character (for the most part). They're easy to start, easy to drive, and don't require any level of skill or involvement.
                  BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                  Originally posted by Ollie
                  We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• All the latest MLS news, scores, stats, standings and highlights. Plus special coverage of US Soccer and Canada Soccer.

whats up now vanilla faces huh! Bish!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

• Originally posted by P78 View Post
                      yes, i know that, but that's what i think anno 2013 that rat rods should be

dunno how this is mechanically, but came across it a while ago
                      ]
                      My biggest annoyance with rat rods is that some of them are chopped top, which often means they don't have door windows, and sometimes, no windows at all. Second annoyance, is the seats. They're often metal, or cut out of tin buckets or old tractor seats, wtf. I know its just a rat rod, but damn, that completely retarded.

Comment

• This is what strikes me when I say "Rat Rod".

"Hot Rod"

Last edited by MommysLittleMonster; 08-14-2013, 02:29 PM.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• Those aren't rats Chris. If I still had pictures of one of my old instructor's truck, you'd see rat.
                          Sup. Call me Z.
                          My Accord "build".

Comment

• With rats, there is literally nothing new unless you had to. Those things are held together with rust, junk, shitty welds, random wire and prayers.
                            Sup. Call me Z.
                            My Accord "build".

Comment

• Everybody has their own definition for everything.

Comment

• I see this thread has once again taken a turn for the worse
                                Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Working...
                                X