Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll stop buying some soon, just got like 1 or 2 more sets to buy and then I'll have to stop and save again
    Drinking Enthusiast with a Car Problem

Comment

• Gona go down to my Importer's and give him $2k tomorrow

That should mostly cover most of my spending and then the postage and etc I'll pay him later when tallies up the lot.

I'd say I'm up for $3k total at least

Comment

• Does anyone else only work half days on fridays? Feels good man
        @jroc561
        71' 240z, 03' CL55, 04' CayenneTT

Comment

• Got a question for the US guys

Would you use a service that allows you to browse Yahoo Auctions in english and bid on wheels yourself?
          And pretty much not just wheels, but car parts and pretty much anything that is on YJ

Comment

• Gonna go home, finally take off my splitter that I cracked and a chunk fell off over a month ago. Wash my car thats been dirty for weeks. Just about done setteling in at the new place
            @jroc561

Comment

• Originally posted by 180roman View Post
              Got a question for the US guys

Would you use a service that allows you to browse Yahoo Auctions in english and bid on wheels yourself?
              I didnt even know yahoo had an action. Id be down.
              @jroc561

Comment

• Can't wait to go home and put the Prelude back together.
                BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                Originally posted by Ollie
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I just think that US has a much bigger market potential as I am not aware of any companies in the US offering such a service.

I'm guessing West coast would probably be the preferred business location as it would provide easy shipping path to Japan

Comment

• do it roman

Comment

I just think that US has a much bigger market potential as I am not aware of any companies in the US offering such a service.

I'm guessing West coast would probably be the preferred business location as it would provide easy shipping path to Japan
                      Pretty much.

The hard part is, everyone is selling wheels at ridiculous prices now so everything's inflated. Two years ago, when wheels were still affordable, it would be easy to make a profit on the east coast, too.
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I'm just going to pitch this idea when I see my Importer tomorrow.

I really think he has grown his business enough to expand.
                        He is already expanded to importing some of the Scion FRS parts from the US, as apparently there is more FRS parts in America than the FT86 parts in Japan.
                        But I think the next step is to offer the Jap importing service to the US customers.
                        I'm sick of seeing VR Wheels sell overpriced wheels.

Ofc as part of this pitch I'd try to pitch myself to be sent over to work in the US office ha ha

Comment

Got a question for the US guys

And pretty much not just wheels, but car parts and pretty much anything that is on YJ
                          To answer your original question: Yes, provided the charge is reasonable.

A good pitch would be to offer the service for free unless a purchase is made- not sure how that would work, though.
                          Originally posted by 180roman View Post
                          Ofc as part of this pitch I'd try to pitch myself to be sent over to work in the US office ha ha
                          Not sure if you'd **** it here, or love it here.

Comment

• you should be in the nippon office
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

• Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                              To answer your original question: Yes, provided the charge is reasonable.

A good pitch would be to offer the service for free unless a purchase is made- not sure how that would work, though.

Not sure if you'd **** it here, or love it here.
                              The way the service works here is it is free unless you buy something.

You setup an account into which you can put money to use to bid on stuff.

You only need to have 50% of the amount you are bidding in you account, so there is no need to have all the money there straight up.

Usually the fees for the purchase are $20 or 10%(iirc) of the price of the item, which ever is greater.

Then after they send you an invoice for the rest of the payment amount which can be settled when they send off the item or once it arrives.

I think I want to try out US some time anyway, so yeah would be interesting to experience something different

Comment

• - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
                                X