Pet Peeves & Things That Annoy You Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **Holiday/Vacation rant coming**

Working on holidays that are pretty universally days off for 98% of companies in the US. Up until last year my company had Memorial day, 4th of July, Labor day, Easter(usually the Monday), and a few others off but only had one day Xmas and Thanksgiving day itself off(now we have 2 days for each in exchange for pretty much ALL of our other days off). But we've had a little increase in orders and production on certain holidays depending on the race schedule some years but not always. A little back story I work at a decal shop that does vehicle wraps for Nascar and commercial customers. It's not uncommon for us to get a call on Friday afternoon and produce an entire graphics set for a race team with a new sponsor or if they hit a wall and destroy a primary car and have it across the country in 36 ours or less. But I work on the commercial side so I'm particularly DEAD on these holidays. NONE of my customers are open on 4th of July for example... But I HAVE to be here because "someone from each department has to be here when we're open, you never know when a customer may call" - says the manager with the day off. Last year on the 4th the whole company had 2 phone calls, one was a wrong number.

So the peeve comes in when all the managers and decision makers that decided we need to be open but then they all take the day off because they don't want to work those holidays... That shit pisses me off to no end. The only people I know working on the 4th are people who work in restaurants. I don't have a day off the entire year until November. NOVEMBER!

But I guess it's all good, I'm not using my personal days off and I'm sitting here catching up until about 10am. Then I'm completely done and caught up on EVERYTHING which is very rare. Then from 10am on I'm just chilling because all managers and authority are enjoying their time off and I'm here, getting paid to sit idle and watch the clock. I'd still rather be at the lake, or at home messing around, or reorganizing my sock drawer...

/RANT OVER/

Comment

• ^ Greensboro!

Something I've noticed a lot of recently is "Want to trade for something with an offset" or "rims for sale offsets 15 4x100" on the local wheel facebook groups. Be specific. Everything has an offset.
      Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

• ^ True, I have noticed that as well. The new cool word is offset.

Comment

• Here's something that pisses me off, religious business.

I worked for this balding fuck named Bert for a while. He runs a business that sells bogus supplements that he claims cures cancer, diabetes, kidney stones, mental health problems, heart disease, and any other illness under the sun. In my short time working there, I found out that everyone went to the same church, they thought that I went to that same church, everyone was lazy as fuck, the business was shady as fuck, and that Bert would do anything to avoid managing his business. When I started working there, they didn't get me my tax documents for about 3 days after I was hired, didn't actually know what the fuck I just applied for(because they refused to give me a list of duties), and didn't know how much I was getting payed. Did I mention that he put this bogus health supplement in the office water tank, and that it causes kidney failure if exposed to it for extended periods of time? My fucking fingernails turned yellow...

Whenever I would go talk to Bert, he would pick up the phone with no one on the line(one time it started ringing when he was talking to it), or he would call a bogus emergency meeting for the office workers which I was not allowed to be part of. Talking to this guy was like pulling teeth, and finally I waited in his office for 45 minutes after work, and he was talking to his phone that he randomly picked up when I walked in, acted like he was inspecting his trash, and doing everything to avoid me. I finally put my man pants on and started demanding that he talked to me, because I didn't even know if I was working there. Finally he had someone print up the tax documents and made me sign a paper stating that I won't talk about this place, and that if they sue me, I have to pay their legal fees. All of that was signed, and i began working as a tech support Janitor, quality control, AC repair man. I did all of the work that my boss, and my co-workers were supposed to complete in a week, in one day, and was told that I didn't need to work for the rest of the week because I finished what I was supposed to. I slowed the pace down a bit, and was still outpacing my pedophile(he would talk about "going to jail" over young girls and gross shit like that) boss and co-workers.

One day I was questioned about my fucking religion, and I said that I didn't feel like talking about it, and then they found out that I didn't go to church, and cut my work week to 4 hours a week(4 hours on Friday to pick up the slack, because they would sit on the computer all day playing games, or taking 2 hour paid lunches, or shopping while supposed to be working). One day I quit and they wondered why. Fuck that shit.

tl;dr
          Bert was a religious fucktard. No, I wont tell you what they sold, but it's commonly found in cement.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
          @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Cars that have "LowLyfe" or other bullshit Euro plates on them and they're sitting on lowering springs. How can you come to grips with doing that and thinking it's okay? Take it off, give it to me, I'll use it as a drag plate.

Comment

• These fucking decals.

I only happen to see them (with a plethora of other shitty stickers) on near-stock Civics with rusty steelies and cut coil springs, with a Domo plushy somewhere in the car.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• An open letter to the motherfucker who goes in the "7 items or less" checkout with 15+ things in your cart:

Take a long walk off a short pier.
                We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

• I love that my parents were super against me doing anything car related as a career, but now that I've moved home temporarily I'm instantly their mechanic/bodywork guy.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

• chrysler products
                    Mike Gibson
                    [2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ - 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Slammed - 2002 Corvette Z06 Cammed]
                    [1988 Civic Wagovan RT 4WD - 1988 Camaro IROC-Z - 1969 Firebird LS6 Swap]
                    [1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX Wakeboard boat - 2008 Honda Rancher 420 EFI on 20" Rims]

Comment

• -People who have their cars lowered an inch and go around saying their cars or "So slammed they can barely go over speed bumps"
                      -People who have fake wheels and think they are so cool because they spent 400 dollars on some stupid xxrs
                      -Drunk drivers
                      -People who chew loudly (makes me want to smash their mouth in with a giant hammer)

Comment

• Stretched tires when stretched tires are clearly not needed.

Exhibit A:

Comment

• Originally posted by mommyslittlemonster View Post
                          stretched tires when stretched tires are clearly not needed.

Exhibit a:
                          this oh my god this is annoying when i see it

Comment

• This is one for the people who work in a garage or bodyshop; fucking leaking/hissing fucking airlines, Or when people get something out of their tool box, and then leaves the drawer open.
                            Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster
                            Internet high five for you.

Comment

• When people don't turn their lights on when it's raining
                              2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

• The fact that Sony no longer supports GT5 online is a bunch of fucking horseshit.

Comment

Working...
                                X