Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone waiting to receive products from Dominant Engineering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone waiting to receive products from Dominant Engineering?

User wht94lytng
    Aka Dominant Engineering
    Aka Dominic Biro

In the process of compiling the amount of products and money he is withholding from customers.

If you have paid for a product and he has become unresponsive let me know.

Thus far he is holding several thousands of dollars, and has continually dismissed contact.

Just looking if anyone else is in the same boat. This cannot go any further.
    He owes me a product he values at $750 which I paid the 2nd week of December last year, and promised it would ship back in January after I spammed his email.

anyone?

I'm tired of being ignored...

Comment

That blows, did you pay via paypal?

I'd try and get my money back at this point, through paypal.

Comment

I really never like it when people do stuff like that. I wish I could help in some way.
        '94 Nissan Altima GXE
        '00 Ford Mustang GT | Domestic-Bunny

I make music and gaming videos in Cali. @ktfright

youtube.com/ktfright | ktf.bandpage.com

Comment

Paypal I discovered only lets you get your money back if they send you a receipt via paypal; so basically even person to person transactions can't be fought unless they send you a receipt (which... businesses are required to by Paypal, personal transaction not so much)

It's just getting annoying at this point.
          A few members from the Mazda3 community have spammed his email inbox with no response, I've sent him 4 PMs through this forum with receipts and never got a receipt back or a response.

It's getting out of hand. So far out of hand I had an investigator look up some personal information. I SERIOUSLY don't want it to get to that point, but right now I know more about his recently passed grandfather than I knew about some of my own grandparents....

Comment

?!?!

That sucks. I dealt with him recently for some custom machined parts and everything went really smoothly with great communication.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

I dont know how to contact him but he is pretty well known in the focus world. Maybe try Focaljet, I know he is banned from the site but people did run his stuff.

Comment

Yeah he has / had a focus but I wasn't sure which forum to join; I'll look into it, thanks Ghost.

@Ollie; I bought camber arms for my car a year and a half ago and yeah.. no problems either. I started hearing bad things but figured hey maybe... Maybe I won't get the end of the stick lol, but I think I have indeed.

Another guy on the mazdafitment forum has paid him $1090 (so he says), for a few parts... and still hasn't received word, and that happened back in September? or November, unsure which but... yeah not good lol

It's funny how the stance forum guys are always nice; get into the high powered fast cars and everyone turns into internet warriors; always thought that was funny.

For the hell of it to make this thread less depressing than it is lol.. my car!
                This was last summer; it looks a little bit different now, a bit higher and prepping for track days this year but.. anyways:

Comment

Sorry to say but i've dealt with Dom and everything went smooth for the first part until my front control arms broke with daily driving. I don't have a picture of them but people have had the same exact problem with theirs as well this is on a Focus SVT.

Picture for reference of why the control arms are breaking, if you look at the left side of the control are gusset you see there is two weld points that meet each other, this is a problem and will cause the integrity of the metal to snap in half. When brought up to Dominic he said to one individual that the metal was corroded from the inside and that's why it snapped meaning he bought corroded metal and used it. I would stay clear of his products although they look nice i would not trust my life and car with suspension components from him.

Comment

I know he changed the design of them.. twice? Maybe three times now. Unsure if that helped though.

But yeah, at this point I kind of just would like my money back over the product lol

Comment

Did you guys ever get your parts or money back?

I just sent him $1,160.00 bucks on 05/17/2013 for a full rear suspension setup.

I emailed him several times just to get confirmation that he received my payment and an ETA on shipping and 2 days and no email yet.

Thanks,
                      Joe

Comment

Pull your Paypal money back ASAP.....

Comment

Originally posted by J0EC00L View Post
                          Did you guys ever get your parts or money back?

I just sent him $1,160.00 bucks on 05/17/2013 for a full rear suspension setup.

I emailed him several times just to get confirmation that he received my payment and an ETA on shipping and 2 days and no email yet.

Thanks,
                          Joe
                          Nuse got his lower control arms eventually. They just randomly showed up. I think me makes things in big batches regardless of purchase date but I can't be sure.

I like em dropped.

Comment

Originally posted by stang88 View Post
                            Sorry to say but i've dealt with Dom and everything went smooth for the first part until my front control arms broke with daily driving. I don't have a picture of them but people have had the same exact problem with theirs as well this is on a Focus SVT.

Picture for reference of why the control arms are breaking, if you look at the left side of the control are gusset you see there is two weld points that meet each other, this is a problem and will cause the integrity of the metal to snap in half. When brought up to Dominic he said to one individual that the metal was corroded from the inside and that's why it snapped meaning he bought corroded metal and used it. I would stay clear of his products although they look nice i would not trust my life and car with suspension components from him.

Two weld beads meeting/overlapping doesn't cause metal to snap in half lmao Could just be an error on the welders part not getting sufficient penetration or any mix of variables. The welding process actually makes the melted base material with wire added stronger than the original base material. That also looks like stainless steel... Which... Doesn't rust/corrode. Not defending the guy as I have no idea who you're talking about... Just didn't want you using false information.

In other news.. Sorry to all out on money. Hope it works out for you.
                            cars and stuff

Comment

i never bought something from him, but was trying to discuss him fabbing something for me a couple years ago. communication was terrible so i just moved on. good luck getting your product/refund.

Comment

Working...
                              X