Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars In Barns

You know that feeling.

That feeling you get when you pass by an old barn, and see the sun dance off of a piece of old chrome or flat, single-pane glass hiding in a barn. Maybe you see forgotten treasure in the open, fleeting it's flat, aged paint like a knight's faded tunic, sunken into the ground stamped-steel-wheel deep. Sunwashed Marlboro red, not-so-Go Green, malnourished Marina Blue. Weeds are all overgrown around the edges, finding their way into the car through rust holes like a deranged octopus grasping it's prey. Giant holes in the windows invite Mother Nature inside to mold and decay the houndstooth bench seats and chrome Hurst shifter, ensuring that every panel is saturated in hopelessness. The once glimmering brightwork, tarnished into a dull, rusty haze through a constant barrage of moisture, dirt, and dust.

You feel undeniable desire, to raise the sunken hulk to it's former glory, snatching it from the hold of death's icy maw. But the feeling of hopelessness sets in as you pass by your wishful dreams, realizing it could take an average salary to return it to perfect.

Maybe you pass by these forgotten cars every day. Maybe you've stopped countless times to beg and plead the owner to let it go, before their pipe dream of "restoring it someday" turns to getting a six-pence for scrape. To some, seeing yesteryear's pride and glory cars wasting away like pop stars on coke is a daily routine. To others, it plucks at the heartstrings to see something we are so passionate about, just tossed aside like a used rag.

If you are one of these people, then this website is for you. Enjoy spending the rest of your day on the verge of tears, wondering what could become of these forgotten classics.

Last edited by MommysLittleMonster; 02-01-2013, 10:56 AM.
    BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
    Originally posted by Ollie
    We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

You know how disappointing it is to see those images? Amazing, rare cars just ditched and left sitting know they can still be saved.

Originally posted by TRaNz
    yeee, coz RainbowDash is the bestest. its fun combing its hair and tail isnt it? =P
    Originally posted by TRaNz
    They had an Accord Euro meet.....had to show face and you know.....win some respect....and gain exp points to unlock a new sector along with tier 3 vinyl and decals. =D

Comment

Its always sad to see cars with so much potential sitting there rotting away. Whenever I'm on a road trip somewhere and I drive through a small old town I'm always on the lookout for cool old cars sitting in peoples yards and driveways. Its a shame to see old cars die.

Comment

There are a bunch of old cars rotting away in an empty lot near me.

I know numerous people that have tried to go buy them off the old man and he says "No I'd rather them rot in my yard then anybody else own them". Which is shitty because one is an old Model A, a 67 Camaro and a 40's buick.

Comment

I usually see the end-result of these cars sitting forever. Being that I work at a junkyard, I see all kinds of old treasures get dragged onto flatbeds and dumped here waiting to get parted and crushed.
          - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Originally posted by Daviticus View Post
            I usually see the end-result of these cars sitting forever. Being that I work at a junkyard, I see all kinds of old treasures get dragged onto flatbeds and dumped here waiting to get parted and crushed.
            I wouldn't have the heart to work at a junkyard. I hit the local pick-n-pull every month, and some of the stuff that goes there just breaks my heart.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Yeah, being an enthusiast makes my job a bit difficult at times, but if I keep in mind that these cars are supplying parts that keep others on the road, I'm good with it. Not to mention it's an amazing physical catalog of parts and designs that you can use to retrofit parts to other cars with. The hardest part for me is keeping my money in my pocket - I bought my '88 Volvo here with only 64k miles almost on the spot once I saw the mileage and body condition, lol.
              - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

I saw that site a few months ago while researching Yenko Camaro's

Read the Superbird story at the bottom of page 1. Very good stuff!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
                Originally posted by nickskater09
                I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

I saw a rotting Karma Ghia and a 240z rotting in driveways within a mile of each other. Two of my dream cars. It killed me inside...
                  IG: @OsakaFlocka

Comment

Working...
                  X