Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cars Can Cure (planning meets for spring)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars Can Cure (planning meets for spring)

Hello everyone, and firstly, Merry Christmas/ Happy Holiday's

Around a month ago I decided to try and start a series of car meets that would accept donations and have a small (under $5) enterance fee, to go to cancer research.

I decided to call these meets "Cars Can Cure".

The idea spawned from watching my father battle a rare form of cancer for the last 4 years. I am no doctor, not at all good at science or math. I felt defenseless as I watched a once healthy, strong man under go roughly 6 major surguries in such a short amount of time. He loved to hunt, fish, and spend time with his family. The past few years have been hard on him, but we have managed to get by and he has fought hard.

I figured if I couldn't physically cure him, I couldn't just sit idly by and do nothing for the rest of this ordeal. Obviously many people have been diagnosed with cancer, and I'm sure many of you know some, or have lost some.

By collecting donations and sending them to national cancer care organizations, I feel that I may be able to make a small difference. Even if it's small, it's something.

I am not here to debate the effects of donating money to research. I am here to see who would be interested in coming to a meet like this.

I am from the Pittsburgh, PA area. The meets would be held locally to that area. They will be legit (no meets in a Wendy's or Walmart parking lot that will eventually be broken up by the police). They will start when the snow stops falling, and when people break out of their winter set ups. Roughly late April, early May.

These meets will be open to absolutely EVERYBODY with an interest in anything automotive. Lifted trucks, muscle cars, fitted cars, lowriders, euro, japanese, domestic, classic, and antique, as well as motorcycles of all types and anything that can be driven on a road. There is a HUGE community of enthusiasts of all types out there, and it would be an absolute blessing to have this turn into a huge meet.

I'm just trying to gauge interest and get the word out there for people to think about. There is a Facebook page under the name of "Cars Can Cure" as well, where you can keep up to date on upcoming meets. Thank you, and again, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!
    IG: @kyle_eagleton

Just gonna bump this post once, trying to get word out there as much as possible

Comment

I think it's a good idea, however Pittsburgh's car scene is very... diverse, and not always in a good sense.

The Cars and Coffee guys are, for the most part, giant douchebags. This would be entirely too lowly for them to join. Any car show that isn't strictly muscle cars and hot rods around here immediately turns into rattlecanned 90's Grand Prix's and poorly modified Hondas with Monster decals. European cars are also few and far between.

I think it's a good idea, so long as people come from distances... other than locals. That being said, if people don't make the drive, it will be a typical Pittsburgh car show... I know you know the kind. Think of the Wexford Starlight cruise. A great/huge show, but little variety.

Comment

Originally posted by Zack01GC View Post
        I think it's a good idea, however Pittsburgh's car scene is very... diverse, and not always in a good sense.

The Cars and Coffee guys are, for the most part, giant douchebags. This would be entirely too lowly for them to join. Any car show that isn't strictly muscle cars and hot rods around here immediately turns into rattlecanned 90's Grand Prix's and poorly modified Hondas with Monster decals. European cars are also few and far between.

I think it's a good idea, so long as people come from distances... other than locals. That being said, if people don't make the drive, it will be a typical Pittsburgh car show... I know you know the kind. Think of the Wexford Starlight cruise. A great/huge show, but little variety.

This^ I'm looking/hoping for the crowd that starlight usually attracts. I feel that's who would be more apt to show up to donate regardless

Comment

Working...
        X