No announcement yet.

Crash and Burn Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*knock wood* The only incident I've had while driving involved black ice early one New Year's morning (not inebriated whatsoever) a couple years ago. Was going around a gentle corner at maybe 40mph, tires lost grip and went through a snowbank, 3 mailboxes, and hit a telephone dead center. No serious damage, left a note for the mailbox owners since they weren't home, and continued on my way. Not even 2 miles up the road I crested a hill and noticed 2 cars already in the ditch at the bottom, just in time to loose control again and slide into the guardrail on the right side. Thank God Saabs are tanks, despite everything there really wasn't any damage I couldn't fix myself. Most expensive part was replacing the 3 mailboxes xD

-1997 Saab 9000cse Anniversary Edition - Bagged & Tuned
    -1990 Saab 900 SPG - Holset & Track built
    -1973 Mercedes-Benz 280 - Summer cruiser / mild resto project
    -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Wheel fell off up the street from my house going into 2nd. I had just replaced a clutch line and was testing it out. Since I had not moved the car in months I forgot that the lug nuts were not completely threaded. What is purely coincidental is that I somehow remembered about my lug nuts when I saw the tire bounce off my door and roll beside me as my LCA grinded the car to a halt.

DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
      E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

A couple years ago, but it is relevant to this thread. A van stopped suddenly in front of me at 35mph. 40y/o brakes never stood a chance.

sigpic
        GARAGE | THE PROFESSOR

Comment

Aw man that thing looked classic
          Dude... My nissan has like a v8, man.

Comment

Was there a fire too? Sheesh.
            DEL SOL BUILD THREAD
            E28 BUILD THREAD

I am.... SICKWITHTHEPEN

Comment

Left my car parked up at work, came back and it looked like this.

20110525_001.jpg by Nick Berger, on Flickr

Crazy guy purposely hit me

Untitled by Nick Berger, on Flickr

Only incidents I've had.
              2004 BMW E46 330CD
              2012 BMW F21 ///M135i

Comment

Originally posted by ndbrgr View Post
                Left my car parked up at work, came back and it looked like this.

Only incidents I've had.
                damn fucking ppl suck! sorry to hear lol
                IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

dont post on here much, but what the hell

Comment

how did that happen! Post more! lol You post better stuff then most!
                    IG @RobthaBavarian

Comment

Not really crashed or burned, but plenty of carnage when my innver CV joint exploded.
                      I posted [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gh194BGpTn8"]THIS VIDEO[/ame] last week from when it happened (in the middle of a club video shoot). Got a new axle, hoping I'd be able to swap it without too much trouble. Keep in mind, I could not move the car to a better spot, so it's still in the middle of that cold, wet, snowy parking lot where it broke in the first place.

First thing i found when I jacked up the car was bits of the tripod bearing spread everywhere amongst the massive amount of grease:

Additionally, the inner end of the axle was pinned against the transmission and took a solid hour and a half with a pry bar to get everything to come free.

Aaand, this would be the bearing-less tripod, as well as the inner driver cup it decided to mangle on its way out.

So I will not be simply swapping axle, now I have to swap the inner driver as well. Which is quite expensive and I understand involves removing the diff housing to release the circlip that holds it in.
                      -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

sucks pretty much....i also killed the joint of my parents renault by driving on a farm road...i ran over a mud hole and suddenly car quits driving...we had to replace the entire transmission... fucking french cars...they should keep building baguettes...
                        I drive what I want, and what I ain't drivin' I don't want...

Comment

Old car really didn't want to get parted out, it put up a remarkable fight on our way to the garage.
                          -1972 MGB Roadster-Sold!

Comment

Working...
                          X