Lowered BMW's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowered BMW's

Hey guys, Ive seen this ALOT and im just really curious about it.

Why do most of you BMW guys like to lower your car but make it raked? Ive seen Bmw's that are evenly slammed and they look awesome!

I mean e36's look amazing when raked, but why do it to e46's and newer models?

I personally dont drive a BMW but my friends do and i would like to help him "slam" his car but i dont want to force my opinion on him.

Any and all opinions and comments are welcome.

Thanks

Instagram: @half_lung

Because the rear fender sits lower then the front fender. if you got even fender gap you will automatically have front rake.

If you are gonna be level with the ground, the rear is gonna tuck the wheel more than the front.

Hope that explains it.
    -Instagram@jdjurhuus
    Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

No matter how slammed and even a bmw is it'll still look raked (most bmw's) ... its just how the body is I guess.
      My e46 sedan was tucking evenly all around but it still looked very raked.
      I dislike Byron.

Comment

Even gaps FTW.

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
          Because the rear fender sits lower then the front fender. if you got even fender gap you will automatically have front rake.

If you are gonna be level with the ground, the rear is gonna tuck the wheel more than the front.

Hope that explains it.
          ha it actually does, thanks alot

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
          No matter how slammed and even a bmw is it'll still look raked (most bmw's) ... its just how the body is I guess.
          My e46 sedan was tucking evenly all around but it still looked very raked.
          ya i guess, thanks man!

Originally posted by coconutt View Post
          Even gaps FTW.
          hahaha nice

Comment

One of few to pull the even rake, even side skirts are early model e30's.
            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Originally posted by Zic View Post
              One of few to pull the even rake, even side skirts are early model e30's.
              any pics for examples?

Comment

early e30's had high rear arches and late models had lower arches

sorry i dont really have very good examples of them side by side
                -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
                -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
                MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
                Got Drop??

Comment

Good way to even out the car front to rear is to measure the rocker panel/pinch weld height from most front to most rear point. I've always done this to my cars, it may look bit funny, but I do enjoy how the car drives when it's evened out front to rear.
                  Last edited by mad-ass; 09-14-2012, 06:30 AM.

Comment

Agreed, I did the same on all my Bimmers. Handling is much better when the body is even IMO. I like the tuck in the rear myself

progress IS a slow process

Comment

^^ same here. i prefer to tuck rear and have the body leveled.

imagine trying to fix the rear rake on a Cadillac deville or a Citroen Pallas, or older renaults, just because the rear arches are not as the front ones. LOL.

Last edited by DannyE32; 09-14-2012, 10:11 AM.

Instagram: dankasrz_s666

Comment

I'm interested to see how much my car rakes when I end up lowering it (Unfortunately I don't know when that'll be, I need all my expensive junk to sell first).

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

I rake on BMW's is functional. It's help's turn-in.
                          <Imagine a cool photo of a white 98 M3 sedan sitting low on staggered DS2's here>

Comment

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                            any pics for examples?
                            -Instagram@jdjurhuus

Comment

Working...
                            X