Car Care Products: What do you use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Care Products: What do you use?

Just what the title says, I thought about this thread today when I was cleaning my car, so I was wondering what do you guys swear by when you are washing your cars and detailing them?

What detailing waxes, polishes, cleaners and scents are your go-to products for any part of the car.

Just want to get some opinions of the best companies out there, and who has some of the best products to use for everyone to know and benefit from.
    1975 BMW 2002 : : 1977 BMW 320i : : 1983 BMW 320i

The best

Along with claybar
    Real name is James

Comment

Meguiar's Mirror Glaze and Detailer lines are essential. Haven't run into a product from either line I didn't like.

Chemical Guys, Poorboy's World (especially Bold-n-Bright), and 3M's compounds and glazes.

I find some of the low end stuff to be incredibly effective. I don't buy for the name, I buy for how well the product works. Ardex Green Stuff II is an incredible cleaner for engines and tires, and when diluted properly can really clean interiors well. Miller Auto Parts aerosol Velour Upholstery Cleaner, Plastic Cleaner, and Glass Cleaner are also awesome. Turtle Wax Foaming Wheel Cleaner is great, too FWIW.

I could go on for an hour... it's taken years to find out what is effective and what is a waste of money. Since my occupation is detailing, let me know if you have any other kind of questions.

Comment

Turtle Wax Black Tire Coat. Amazing...
        "That's just a penis with headlights glued on."

Comment

I've been using this stuff for a while. I'm not sure how it compares, but man do their products smell good
          Autogeek is your number one car care source for auto detailing supplies, the best car wax, car care products, car polishes, auto accessories, polishers, and car detailing tools store.

I use Prima Epic for a full-on wax and I use Hydro every time I wash in between. Hydro is a miracle worker, I swear it looks like I've just waxed the car after every wash.
          Jason
          flickr
          build thread

Comment

I have shed loads but for allround use Chemical guys tick all the box's.
            Making cars shine one day at a time
            http://www.ultradetail.co.uk

Comment

Meguiar's and Rain-X. Auto Glym wax when I feel like balling out of control.
              - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Working...
              X