What does "Stanced" mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
    Most new wheels yeah, but there are quite a lot of older (80s, 90s) wheels that people like to refinish and run on cars today and it's definitely not possible when doing that.
    funny thing about that is people will buy the overpriced way too agressive ones and look bad before they'll buy the mild sizes and run spacers. "offset is everything". lmfao.

Comment

clean, well executed, low with ok fitment, good quality work and parts that reflect the owners knowledge and taste.

Comment

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
        funny thing about that is people will buy the overpriced way too agressive ones and look bad before they'll buy the mild sizes and run spacers. "offset is everything". lmfao.
        Well dumb is dumb and lazy is lazy no matter how you cut it

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
          but drifters dont poke, they flush.

im trying to find out where POKE came from.
          The flush/w strech came from japan with the VIP cars in the 80s wanting to run wider wheels adn lower offsets. plus to be flush you kinda have to strech a tire.
          I must rebut. Its not common, But from the various footage I have seen from japland, there are drifters that poke. Also Poking has been a part of the bosozoku style for years, again not common, there are instances where they do poke.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Here is a vid from SpeedHunters, at 00:50 the blue Laurel has noticable poke, more so in the front as the rear has a bolt on flare, but its poke none the less.

Originally posted by extol1337 View Post
          I encourage a healthy debate, but you can't explain/prove what "stance" is. You can only "explain" it in your own PERSONAL TASTE. There is no right or wrong. You don't have to like all of it. It's all based on opinions.
          This, along with posts previous to this one should have answered all the questions, and not continued in debate. The question asked is "What does Stanced mean to you", not "What does Flush mean to you".

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
          Im attempting to encourage some friendly debate among the camps, so maybe everyone can learn a little in the process. this isnt just to ruffle feathers
          Ive learned that when you dont understand something, you ask a question. If you dont understand the answer, you ask another question. If you then dont understand, then maybe it just isnt for you to understand.

After four pages of answers and opinions and debates, it appears it is infact to ruffle feathers.

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
          I'd like to reffer you to Royal_T's sig, the part where it says "True offset is achieved WITHOUT spacers."
          ---------------------

The term stance, as has already been said, does not have guidelines. It is the look of a car as a whole. In my opinion all these cars have "stance" in their own right.

Originally posted by Dictionary.com
          Stance
            /stæns/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [stans] Show IPA ,

–noun
          1. the position or bearing of the body while standing: legs spread in a wide stance; the threatening stance of the bull.
          2. a mental or emotional position adopted with respect to something: They assumed an increasingly hostile stance in their foreign policy.
          3. Sports. the relative position of the feet, as in addressing a golf ball or in making a stroke.

stance (stāns)
          n.

The attitude or position of a standing person or animal, especially the position assumed by an athlete preparatory to action. See Synonyms at posture.

Mental posture; point of view: "Peru ... has also toughened its stance toward foreign investors" (Abraham F. Lowenthal).

Now then, who wants to debate what I have said.
          Originally posted by anth
          Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

few hours ago maybe.
            now im bored
            Disclaimer:
            I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Oh man... I was just getting warmed up

Comment

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                Now then, who wants to debate what I have said.
                i agree with everything you said except for this:

Originally posted by Oxer View Post
                I'd like to refer you to Royal_T's sig, the part where it says "True offset is achieved WITHOUT spacers."
                it was almost as ridiculous as a sig as it is as a quote of confirmation.

offset is not a buzzword. it is not slang for awesome fitment. offset (in this context) is the distance from the center line of the wheel to the mounting hub. there is no truer offset, only offset or lack off offset.

i'll go one step further and say f**k offset. it is simply a byproduct of backspacing and width.

Originally posted by Merriam-Webster
                Stance
                Noun

2 a : a way of standing or being placed : posture b : intellectual or emotional attitude
                surprise, surprise... stance was defined long ago (14th century).

notice the acknowledgment of both the physical and intangible. also noteworthy is that "stance" is a noun and does not contain the "-ed" suffix. "stanced" is not a word and therefore has no legitimate meaning.

now who's gonna debate that?

Comment

i stanced your mother last night

Flickr

Comment

shiiit... me too. where were you?

Comment

in.. soviet russia?

Flickr

Comment

time travel much?

Comment

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
                            i stanced your mother last night
                            ill take jap anus relations for 200

(if you get that your the man)

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Im not the man, i have no idea what thats from... Haha.

Comment

SNL celebrity jeopardy, Sean Connery is always telling Trebek that he fucked his mother last night. And then he pronounces the categories in "dirty" ways, so what was originally "Japan US Relations" he pronounced "Jap anus relations"

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Working...
                                X