What does "Stanced" mean to you?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
    Sure, poke isnt precise. Neither is tucked. or level of lowness. Its all just different tastes and styles.
    I wasnt going to come back in here until i saw this post.

Please please please please please please think before you post.
    tucking on a flush, low offset (for hte platform) is incredibly difficult
    Disclaimer:
    I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

and USE THE SEARCH BUTTON

Comment

Originally posted by FreshLikeSushi View Post
      I wasnt going to come back in here until i saw this post.

Please please please please please please think before you post.
      tucking on a flush, low offset (for hte platform) is incredibly difficult
      where did i say it was easy?

Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
        i can dig this too. problem is what i see way more often is someone who just wanted wheels this wide with that amount of lip or whatever and threw em on (or at least that's what it looks like).

i still don't agree that poke is as precise as flush though. take the jetta just posted for example. that is only a few mm of poke (some would even call that flush) but because flush is flush it's obvious that it's not flush. now if we were talking 1" of poke those mm (i.e. 20mm of poke vs. 25mm) would be indestinguishable.
        I agree with your first point completely. Simply buying some wide wheels and slapping them on the car without calculating offsets, widths, and tire sizes for that specific car can and often does lead to cars with monstrous amounts of poke or generally weird fitment.

Regarding my wheels, I calculated the exact widths and offsets for I wanted the car to sit when aired down while being able to maximize the lip size on them and had CCW build them one-off for me. When raised up a little bit at driving height, the front wheels do poke out a little bit more than they do when all the way down bc the front wheels camber in as the car goes lower but the rears sit exactly as they do in those pictures. Obviously with most wheels that are available, you can't have them built to spec, but in the end, if the calculations are done and the correct tire sizes/spacers/adapters are utilized, you can fit your wheels to fit exactly as you want

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
        Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

in the quote i quoted
          Man if i could get on my flickr right now this thread woudl be so much better
          Disclaimer:
          I am rude, opinionated, and sometimes come off as a dick. I am just speaking my mind. If it offends you, PM me. Don't go whine to someone else. I am civil, talk to me, just dont be stupid.

Comment

What i meant isnt tucking tire with flush wheels, i meant tucking completely. Whell included. Just genereally unflush

Flickr

Comment

[QUOTE=aar0n.;76143]Obviously with most wheels that are available, you can't have them built to spec, QUOTE]

id venture to say that this is the minority now
              Pretty much any multipiece wheel i sell is more or less built to spec within the offered sizes.
              Disclaimer:

Comment

What i meant isnt tucking tire with flush wheels, i meant tucking completely. Whell included. Just genereally unflush
                ill update this post when i get home, and have access to flickr, i have about a dozen wheel setups that contradict this statement
                Disclaimer:

Comment

ill update this post when i get home, and have access to flickr, i have about a dozen wheel setups that contradict this statement
                  Youre contradicting yourself then. If flush is the only thing precise, then tucked cant be. Keep in mind tucked im reffering to right now is not tucked tire with poking/flush wheels.

Buy an e30. Aquire random, bad offset wheels. Lets say 17x7et30 Cut springs in half. Tucking. Precise? not remotely. Horrible fitment.

Im actually agreeing with you on preciseness of flush here, im not sure why you want to contradict that.

Poke and sunken wheels are not as precise. However, alot of knowledge goes into pulling it off correctly, as with flush

However, that "precision" of flush doesnt make it the right way, or make poke wrong.

Its inherently subjective, as is style itself.

Flickr

Comment

...poke isnt precise. Neither is tucked...
                    ... i meant tucking completely. Whell included. Just genereally unflush
                    you might be surprised what some of the japanese cats are doing over there. i like to call it "flush-tuck" (tucked but with the outer edge of the lip at the same angle and extremely close to the fender). there are better examples but here's a decent one:

so i'd say that poke or tuck can be somewhat precise and, in fact, should be but still niether is as precise as flush because it is not open to interpretation.

agreed?

Comment

Originally posted by BLKonBLK98 View Post
                      so i'd say that poke or tuck can be precise and, in fact, should be but still niether is as precise as flush because it is not open to interpretation.

agreed?
                      I would agree to that. Thats what i was getting at. Poke and tuck don't have to be precise, but should be

Flickr

Comment

becuase, there is extreme precision in flushing a low offset wheel
                        My van tucks 19s. and it took alot of work, adjusting, and money in arms.
                        Maybe the whoel 20x7.5+30 on a GS400 is easy
                        but then tuck a 18x10+5 for instance, on the same car, and its harder

But tuck a flush at ride height wheel (like if your ride height was super duper flush, then lower it more, yuo have a tucked wheel) is sooooo redicualously a pita. now instead of just one point of hitting (top of wheel) you now have at least three. Top of wheel as it goes inside the fender, and the sides of the wheel as it could touch the sides of the fenders, and thats not even taking into affect hitting the shock, or inner arms and parts.

I remember back when i have a MK3 Vento vr6, man that was cake to flush and tuck. had 18s on it and air, wheel was less than 2mm from the fender when it tucked. nothign to worry abotu but hitting the fender. You VW guys got it easy.
                        Disclaimer:

Comment

ok... now back to "stanced". lol.

Comment

Ok, so let me give you a little bit of reasoning why im asking so much.

Vip guys, are fanboys, yeah. BUT at least our fitment is still suitable for DD without posibility of crushing fenders while being low
                            We strech tires, becuase with perfect fitment, as your wheel goes into the fender, a square tire would stop it. a round sidewall lets it. So there is a reason for us to do it. We keep body lines, fender arch lines, etc in tact, and everything is within MM of clearance (or at least if you do it right)

Now on the other end. I see stuff like this:
                            awww fuck, well cause of work filters i cant see the pics i saw at home.

basically, people just put a fender roller on their car, and pull as far as possible, destroying body lines and arch lines, to kinda fit the tire under the fender.
                            It just seems people are putting their wheels outside the fenders to do it nowadays. Some of the older mk1/mk2 cars it looks right on cause of the overall look of the car.
                            But to have to run 16s, so your wheels and tires are so small that you can be fake low, just kills it.
                            Id much rather see a mk4/3 on 18s, at the same height of the 16 guys, with correct fitment, becuase it shows workmanship, dedication, time.

i can slap some shit thats too wide on a car in an hour if i wanted to.
                            So i think it goes more into workmanship and finesse more than anything. ive seen one VW on here that had poke i liked. the rest are just like, " Hey im gonna be cooler htan you and poke 2" more on a stock body".
                            I have to agree with this post. I love VIP styling. VIPs do it right imo, compared to anyone who rapes their fenders and body lines to make an unfitting wheel fit. That's not to say that stance is flush and fitting.

To answer your earlier question I believe extreme poke came from the idea that lower and wider is always better. Therefore people took that and kept pushing the wheel farther and farther and farther. Not my style personally. Some people go super low but narrow. Some go super wide, but not as low. This is also relative to wheel diamater, obviously as you can put a 15x12" wheel on an e36 and lay frame but you get the point. My favorite type of stance is finding the perfect combination of going as low as possible and as wide as possible, which to me equals flushness. To others it's a different combination.

I believe that stance as a definition is very broad. To me, it's the way a car sits and if sits badass, it's got stance. To me a car does not need to be low, wide or anything specific at all. It just has to have the look. To me, my favorite stance is by far flush, but I do not **** on other styles and forms of stances.

IG: @_olliee

Comment

becuase, there is extreme precision in flushing a low offset wheel
                              My van tucks 19s. and it took alot of work, adjusting, and money in arms.
                              Maybe the whoel 20x7.5+30 on a GS400 is easy
                              but then tuck a 18x10+5 for instance, on the same car, and its harder

But tuck a flush at ride height wheel (like if your ride height was super duper flush, then lower it more, yuo have a tucked wheel) is sooooo redicualously a pita. now instead of just one point of hitting (top of wheel) you now have at least three. Top of wheel as it goes inside the fender, and the sides of the wheel as it could touch the sides of the fenders, and thats not even taking into affect hitting the shock, or inner arms and parts.

I remember back when i have a MK3 Vento vr6, man that was cake to flush and tuck. had 18s on it and air, wheel was less than 2mm from the fender when it tucked. nothign to worry abotu but hitting the fender. You VW guys got it easy.
                              i dont have a vw. But IMO anyone with decent fitment on here has gone through these headaches. At least, i know i have

Flickr

Comment

[QUOTE=FreshLikeSushi;76146]
                                Originally posted by aar0n. View Post
                                Obviously with most wheels that are available, you can't have them built to spec, QUOTE]

id venture to say that this is the minority now
                                Pretty much any multipiece wheel i sell is more or less built to spec within the offered sizes.
                                Most new wheels yeah, but there are quite a lot of older (80s, 90s) wheels that people like to refinish and run on cars today and it's definitely not possible when doing that.

Flickr

Originally posted by Kielan
                                Oh FUCK YES, 6-10 inches for me this weekend. FUCK YES!

Comment

Working...
                                X