official Stanceworks RC drift thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stan Marsh View Post
    not too bad, $180 plus shipping, except ebay has them for $95 plus $30 shipping.
    i don't order shit off ebay anymore...
    1995 M3 C38 S/C
    [B]2001 Audi A4 2871r/B]

Comment

Originally posted by Stan Marsh View Post
      Guys get on www.groovydrift.com there is a guy in classifies selling a ready to run (just get a charger) with every hopup you can almost buy for $120 bucks right now!

DO IT!!!!

Here's my recent work...

I worked on these two bodies today with some new paint I haven't tried before from Pactra. It is their Racing finish line. It's a two stage paint. You do the colored metallic coat, and the final bottom coat brings the color to what it is on the can. I painted the S15 first since it was going on my car, and I painted the Trueno second for a friend. I learned a little from doing mine first. The paint needs to be shaken way more than you would expect. Mine started spraying clumps out which messed up some portions of the car. So don't rush it if you are using this paint. The outcome is well worth taking your time!

The cars are not complete so there is a few things missing in the pics... so don't mind the non-trimmed posts, missing mirrors, etc. The S15 is from Tamiya and the Trueno is of course HPI. The trueno is not mounted on a chassis.

with some hellaflush wheels

I have adjustable camber arms coming in so I can go crazy. I ordered about $100 bucks worth of hopups recently too.

Comment

I might just have to buy one of these

*edit* What are all the different pieces I would need to buy, to put together a car? Like chassis, body, motor?
        Originally posted by da3bous
        I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

I would start with a Tamiya TT-01 chassis. It is cheap, easy to build, easy to mod, will not break, etc etc etc...

A standard TT-01 kit will come with a motor and an ESC (speed controller). You would need to buy a battery, charger, Radio Controller that comes with a transmitter and steering servo (my $47 Futaba controller came with both), paint for the body, and if you got a standard kit there would be no drift tires. It would come with tires for touring car racing (grip). There is a few versions of the TT-01 now. There is a drift specific version called the TT-01D which comes with drift tires and some other goodies (oil filled dampers, bearings, camber adjustments, sportstuned motor, etc) that make drifting better. There is also a TT-01E which is just an updated version of the TT-01 that comes with a few extras that makes the chassis more stable. It's all stuff that can be easily bought for the standard kit in OEM or aftermarket. The TT-01D can also be bought in a ready to run version and I think it even has a painted body, but in my opinion it takes away from the learning experience and fun in painting your own body and building the kit.

If you bought a TT-01 kit I would recommend right away buying ball bearings for it (15 bucks), and when you assemble the kit cramming the rear diff housing full of silly puddy so it locks it up and does consistant drifts.

Here's the specifications for the Drift specific TT-01D - http://www.tamiya.com/english/produc..._rx7/index.htm

Here is a standard TT-01 chassis.

Here's a modified one.

If you have any questions just ask. I've been doing this for years.

Comment

I tried registering on groovy drift but it timed out and gave me an error message. Maybe after my car show today I will do it.

Comment

^ yeah I would. There is alot of good info on there. Not alot of new posts, but it's a good source to search for what you need and get ideas. Don't listen to everyone though because people are opinionated just like in Cars... and someone will tell you that you NEED something but your probably don't.

Comment

what about those drift box things from HPI? it kinda seems like it takes all the talent out of it.

Comment

nobody uses it, and it's not legal for competition either... it's not really drifting with one of those... it counters for you

(JUNK)

Comment

Ive been meaning to get one of those things

now all i have is a traxxas sportmaxx with a 3.3 in it
                    Chris-

Comment

Originally posted by Chris@MemoryFab View Post
                      Ive been meaning to get one of those things
                      you should.. and do it up with some custom memoryfab graphics and flush fitment!

Comment

OK I got some updates...

The fatlace team cars got some mods during this passed week. I have some additional items coming in, but they are starting to come together really nicely. They drift with ease and get alot of angle with countersteer too.

The one with black wheels has a great powerband and gearing, and the other one is a little quicker than stock. I am going to be upgrading the power on it pretty soon since it is my personal chassis. The other I bought for a friend.

CF upper deck, steering kit, camber arms, etc are some of the mods we did recently.

and here's a body we are working on...

Comment

Nice bro!

Comment

Damn, you really do some work on teh RC cars. Buy one for me?
                            Originally posted by da3bous
                            I want you to photoshop a giant penis down the side of my car

Comment

doin this shit for 7 years now. welcome to rc guys.

i have run a rally converted a traxxas 4tec, and two different tt01s

my current is a tt01-d covered by a pink fd3s with all the lights and stuff. it rolls on hpi +6 mm work meisters wrapped in some abs tires. with 5 deg- camber front, and 4 deg- camber rear. locked rear diff, aluminum driveshft, kit shocks filled with 35 wt. front one way and novak 17.5 bl to come.

i have a fantom racing 27t can with an epic komodo dragon 19t pro armature and endbell. its really torquey and responsive with some nasty top end.

but im more of a dirt guy myself, i race a short course converted losi 8ight(nitro of course.), an associated sc10, and a losi xxt-t.

www.groovydrift.com is where i do my rc stuff. its a forum and guys are always making bodies and tires.

Comment

Why would you run so much camber on a drift car, especially with ABS tires? They must cone up like a mofo. Hell you would never need to run that much camber on an on-road r/c car, ever, no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X