i have a confession

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i have a confession

all i wanna do is go lower. curse this place! i see my car and just think, man i see so much room under the car and all i can think about is making the front arms drag...

maybe this is a good thing? i donno, but even now i look at my suspension geometry and think, "i have the middle of my car lower than the center of the wheels." But i still wanna go lower! i scrape everywhere as is.

everything looks like this:

Tires ---> []\ __ /[] <---Tires

^
    sub-frame/rack/control arms/rear CV axles

anyone else bitten by this bug?
    -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
    -The Beauty in the Tragedy-
    MECHANIC SMASH!!- (you all know you do it)
    Got Drop??

I was, then said fuck it I wonna go fast.

I still would like to be lower(but relative to the tires, mine are tiny). Its to each his own when it comes to this. I'd rather have my car a little higher, and loads more drivable than a little lower. Not because its a pain in the as, but simply because I do abuse the hell out of my car haha.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Instagram: stuartrussell

Store: alwaysindividual.bigcartel.com

Comment

i **** wheel gap
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

yea i agree funfgang, but i still get hung up about my clearance

i also **** wheel gap. freakin nasty.

i think that if i had the ability to be on the floor but was a lil higher i would feel better. i just **** knowing that my lowest setting does not put me on the floor. i call that full adjust-ability
        -FREEDOM- is cruisin at 80, windows down and listening to the perfect song-thinking "this is it"
        Got Drop??

Comment

Originally posted by CHIF8008 View Post
          yea i agree funfgang, but i still get hung up about my clearance

i also **** wheel gap. freakin nasty.

i think that if i had the ability to be on the floor but was a lil higher i would feel better. i just **** knowing that my lowest setting does not put me on the floor. i call that full adjust-ability
          I do agree with you there. I'm all the way down right now on mine. Then again, I have 1" to my oil pan so...

But what coils do you have? The GC kit will go as low as you want.

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

Get another car. I felt the same way with my e30. I raised everything I could out of the way and had the subframe 1/4" off the ground and it still didn't look how I wanted. And I destroyed the car in the process.

E30s just don't look low. Get an e36 m3

Comment

im on cheap bastard/Zombie coils that are still gonna get modified even more. im running on a no job budget right now.

Im with you Byron. your e30 has to be the lowest e30 i know that is static. and maybe you are right- the e30 body just doesn't look as low as it is, but i love this car. i donno its just a mental thing i guess. im not a fan of e36's either

Maybe if i keep a smaller wheel on it will help with the look? stock is 14's and i think maybe id have 16's as max. but even 16's will give a little bit of clearance that may hurt the low look? noone can give me crap if i can tuck a 14's lip right haha
              Got Drop??

Comment

You're tucking wheel in the back?

E30 V8 Build thread

Go here be happy!

Comment

not yet lol.

what im saying is: that having the car lowered on stock sized wheels will help with the low look compared to running lets say 16's. all this because the e30 never looks as low as it is- so if i can tuck wheel lip on 14s i dont think anyone can give me crap.

i do know how to tuck the rear that much, but i need to get smaller strut inserts for the front so i can see if that is also possible for the front.

i donno its all in my head, i think iv been messed up. maybe 16s would look better?
                  Last edited by CHIF8008; 06-30-2012, 12:56 AM.
                  Got Drop??

Comment

something like this
                    Got Drop??

Comment

im not the only one!
                      Got Drop??

Comment

thought id give an update:
                        lowered it a lot more while on 14's did something stupid on the freeway with a bad transition...

eventually got 16's and went lower fender gap wise, but the 16's kept the pan happy

comparison pic from how i wanted to be, with 14's a few posts above, till now

right side seemed to tuck more?

this pic does not show the fenders pulled all the way. this is just the pull i had when i was on 14's.

Didnt keep the rear that low because after the front had been pulled so much, so i could turn, it just didnt look right. if i had stock fenders on it would be right at home but im static and turning actually has to happen.

needed to more like;

dont mind the mangled fender. wayy off at that point.

fun pic; cant remember if i was all the way down up front or not. pretty sure i was not.

throw back, running height when i was on 14's. crappy cell pic at work.

actual running height

Got Drop??

Comment

Working...
                        X