Compelling Automotive Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compelling Automotive Books

I was wondering if anyone on here has read any books that may be racing related or any way automotive or mechanical related. I have an engineering degree so I'm not looking for a thermodynamics book as I have read that I just want a good story that is automotive based or related in some way. I saw a show/documentary a while back about the Andrettis and it did a great job of conveying how many of us feel trying to harnesss a mechanical beast and the love of maintence that comes along with it.

The Driver by Alex Roy. Its about trying to break the coast to coast record in an m5, if that's not interesting I don't know what is!

Comment

Thanks for the tip I just bought the book. I found it on the android market with a free sample. Seems good I'm excited.

Comment

Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans

I enjoyed this book very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Bolt Speedman View Post
          Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans

I enjoyed this book very much.
          x2

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I started to read the driver with my tablet on the market. I'm kind of old fashioned and like a paper book so I bought one from goodwill off eBay for 5 dollars shipped. I am going to look at that other book. Its always hard to find a good mans book.

Comment

Von Dutch: The Art, The Myth, The Legend. Not technically an automotive book, but a fascinating read on one of the most misunderstood major players in the early days of hot rods.
              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Working...
              X