Free bubble shift knobs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free bubble shift knobs!

Not sure where to put this, so I'm going to just put it in Off Topic.

If you haven't heard already, 9K Racing is giving out 30,000 shift knobs! Yep, just handin' them out like candy. Go to their Facebook event page to collect yours.

Just spreading the word.
    Pictars Here.

Submit your email and car make... doesn't sound like an ad scam at all..

Comment

You don't have to submit your email? I don't see where it says that. 9K Racing is legit, btw.
      Pictars Here.

Comment

How would you contact them with your address without emailing them. Seems a little odd they could just afford to hand out 30k shift nobs.

Comment

It's as the event says. It's a promotion and something nice they're trying to do for the community. Don't really know how to appease your doubt. If you're skeptical don't do it, that's all I have to say. There's really nothing for you to lose, and a nice shift knob to gain.

Here's 9K Racing's facebook page.
          Pictars Here.

Comment

lol don't worry I'm not doing it, but when the spam emails from XXX amount of aftermarket parts companies start rolling in refer back to my doubts

Comment

Haha, I doubt it. I've seen 9K Racing around at quite a few sites/ forums. They've participated in events such as the Rebuilding Japan from LA event, where they showed up with their LS1 swapped FD RX7. Plus, although I haven't gone down to personally say hello, they live right down the street from me.

I think my emails will be okay. (;

I can understand where you're coming from though. Must of those Facebook giveaways are just bs.
              Pictars Here.

Comment

To be fair, I was about to say the same but reading it there is some genuine stuff about it. Or so it seems.

More info
                9K RACING
                Check our page out to view more photos of the shift knobs

Everyone on the list will receive (ONE) of our 9K Bubble Shift knobs for FREE once there are 30,000 attendees confirmed.
                This is a 100% legitimate give away with no strings attached.

Our company is highly aware of what we are promising and we are ready to deliver when necessary. Please allow us to have time once the 30k likes have hit so we can do follow ups and get everyone situated.

Real company providing real items to help promote our new line of auto accessories.

Google was created by word of mouth and the fact they are a company that genuinely cares about their users. We over at 9K would like to take on the same approach, so please if you are reading this invite whoever you can so we can reach that necessary goal.

*Post what color shift knob you want and what car it will be going on in the comment box below*

Even upload a photo of your car instead of listing it!

Local pick-up preferred
                *IF* this isn't possible we can offer to ship it.

Once you receive the shift knob, we would appreciate if you posted photos on your local forum on the impressions of our product or share the news to whoever you can so it was worth it on our part.

Colors Available:
                Black
                Teal
                Clear
                Pink
                Purple
                Rainbow

Size:
                150mm x 42mm

Thread Sizes:
                8x1.25
                8x1.5
                10x1.25
                10x1.5
                12x1.25
                12x1.5

If you have an aftermarket shifter, please tell us specifically what brand since some change the thread pitch of your car.

We have the widest selection of these kind of shift knobs on the internet, we even made adapters for them to fit most cars!

Without our customers our company would be non-existent so this promotion is a way of us thanking all of you.

Thanks for all of the support guys.
                ♥ 9K Racing LLC

Rules and Guidelines:
                --------------------------​--------------------------​--------------
                Limit 1 knob per individual address
                For local pickup, you must bring a valid driver's license or identification card
                Shipping in the USA is about $6 dollars, international is about $13
                Offer is only valid once the 30,000 number has been reached.
                Offer ends per date/time listed above

Again sorry about the shipping cost, local pick up is completely free.

Local pick up gets first priority.
                Shipping will take about a 2 weeks due to the amount of people listed.

Please Read before typing.
                All the information is above, so if you say a wrong color or don't list what car you have then your application will be deemed invalid.

Please contact us at Info@9KRacing.com if you have any questions or need direct answers about this promotion.

There are 2-3 active moderators reviewing this event almost every hour its going to be up.

Your information is not going to be spammed
                Please fill out what you feel comfortable with. You are not obliged or forced to put anything. If you don't feel comfortable then don't do it!

We can also do the pre-paid usps postage route. Send us a package label via emails and we can slap it on the package and send it out with the rest.

Please use google chrome if you are unable to view the event. For some reason people are unable to view it while others can.

Dimensions:
                12 oz
                150mm x 48mm

Also we are not erasing this page once the 30k rolls in.

We are more than ready for this. Bring it on guys

30,000 here we come!

Comment

they probably got a fuck ton of them for cheap from china or something.

doesn't hurt at all to like a FB page though, and i don't see where it asks for your address?

Comment

Originally posted by Francois Dillinger View Post
                    they probably got a fuck ton of them for cheap from china or something.

doesn't hurt at all to like a FB page though, and i don't see where it asks for your address?
                    Obviously to have it shipped to you, you'll have to provide an address and I'm assuming most will do this over email.

So my worry is that while, yes, they may be giving away 30k shift knobs they might also be selling your email, address, and car make information to ad agencies that will target you for aftermarket parts.

30k shift knobs even at a dollar a piece is 30,000 dollars being given away, in this economy, by a aftermarket tuning company -_-

Screams le sketch.

Comment

Fuck all those free giveaway FB event shits. It's like those spam links that everyone clicks on, such as "This girl killed herself because of FB blah blah blah"...

EDIT:
                      I said ... Seems very legitimate I should say...
                      Last edited by coconutt; 07-26-2011, 08:00 AM.

Comment

99% of them are bullshit, the guys setting this one up are actually actively replying and posting to people.

That 200,000 free hat bullshit was a load of crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter N View Post
                          So my worry is that while, yes, they may be giving away 30k shift knobs they might also be selling your email, address, and car make information to ad agencies that will target you for aftermarket parts.
                          Would you really want 30,000 pissed off people knocking on your door once they see how much spam they've started receiving?

If it were me, I'd make sure it was legit, since I'd rather not piss off enough people to constitute an entire village.

www.fluidmotorunion.com
                          www.stanceworks.com

Originally posted by Oxer
                          I'm pretty sure I will molest any exhaust systems you leave lying around

Comment

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion View Post
                            Would you really want 30,000 pissed off people knocking on your door once they see how much spam they've started receiving?

If it were me, I'd make sure it was legit, since I'd rather not piss off enough people to constitute an entire village.
                            websites sell your shit all the time. 90% of people dont read/see the spam, 9% do and dont realize where it is coming from or how the companies got their email, and 1% are idiots and click that shit and what not... So it'd be very easy for them to set up a deal with an ad company, sign a contract for X amount of email addresses, do giveaway, pay for cheap shift knobs, cut a profit, all the while the thousands of people on facebook are unsuspecting... I guess i just see the negative in people but giving away 30k shift knobs just because seems too good to be true.

Comment

There is two sides to it,

1. What are the chances they get the 30,000 participants? If they don't, no freebies to give away and a huge free marketing campaign to only people who were interested in their product (albeit when they were free)

2. If they do reach 30,000, that is 30,000 people who would not have bought from the company before with a product of theirs in their car, with how many other people seeing on your facebook that you are attending and how many more may have clicked on to their page.

I imagine they are going to bring back a few quid in covering postage cost. Can't see that they are going to post one to me in the UK for the actual price postage costs.

Comment

Working...
                              X