Attn Dub owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attn Dub owners

So ive been looking around for a new car to work on and use as my DD and i was wondering about the Mk3 Jetta. I would like to know some more info on them from people who have owned them and worked on them.

Whatever you do make sure it's not an auto...

Overall they're pretty good daily's if you keep them maintained. I've had mine for about a year now and haven't had any MAJOR problems. Just replacing a few lights and my glovebox handle.

'07 Audi A3 3.2Q

Comment

been through two mk3's and loved both of them. if you get a vr make sure to find out when the chains/timing belt were done. other than that great cars, with very few minor issues.

Comment

First and foremost check the floors for rust. Especially the area right behind the rockers by the seat rails and the rear drain plugs there. Next check the front strut towers for rust. Not just on top but directly in front where the wheel well starts. Other than that the body is usually good on mk3's.. sometimes your trunk will rot out behind the plate tub but thats all I can think of.

They make a decent daily driver. Parts and maintenance on a 2.0 is cheap and easy. A VR will cost you more in parts and maintenance but the sound alone is worth it.Just make sure the coolant system is good order (they run hot) and the timing chains are good.
        91 Golf Rebuild - slow as fuck right now

Comment

Originally posted by renngolf View Post
          First and foremost check the floors for rust. Especially the area right behind the rockers by the seat rails and the rear drain plugs there. Next check the front strut towers for rust. Not just on top but directly in front where the wheel well starts. Other than that the body is usually good on mk3's.. sometimes your trunk will rot out behind the plate tub but thats all I can think of.

They make a decent daily driver. Parts and maintenance on a 2.0 is cheap and easy. A VR will cost you more in parts and maintenance but the sound alone is worth it.Just make sure the coolant system is good order (they run hot) and the timing chains are good.
          Originally posted by holden View Post
          been through two mk3's and loved both of them. if you get a vr make sure to find out when the chains/timing belt were done. other than that great cars, with very few minor issues.
          thanks for the tips. I will defiantly check those spots for rust and check the belts out. I usually replace the timing belt when i buy a used car anyways because I don't want to risk it.

Comment

Working...
          X