No announcement yet.

Living at home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I live at home, 18 and in college, so it's kinda given, but i have my own privacy and im not bothered with mostly. Probably end up commuting to save money my soph. year.

Comment

I have an apartment 68 miles from my parents house, roughly a mile from my school's campus. Year round lease, but I live at my parents house over the summer, because I have two jobs I work back at home. It's roughly an hour drive depending on traffic, so I can go home pretty much whenever I need to for whatever reason. It's nice to go back there, use the garage and all of my pop's tools when I need to work on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by ray ban View Post
        i still live at home but am planning to move out this comming summer. it all depends on how old you are. if you're like 30 then its kinda a creeper move to live with the rents and scope the ladies at the same time. but i can definately understand how it's financially responsible. so kudos to you on makin a smart choice and im sure there are plenty of ladies that would love the fact that you're living at home
        well I'm only 21 so I don't think it's too creepy

After living with a roommate and living alone, I think I'd rather live with someone. It's just so boring living alone.

Comment

Originally posted by 325irollin View Post
          well I'm only 21 so I don't think it's too creepy

After living with a roommate and living alone, I think I'd rather live with someone. It's just so boring living alone.
          Absolutely. I've been living in an apartment off campus for two years now, and it's horribly boring compared to dorm life. All my friends lived on the same hallway with me. Now there are just my three roommates and I 90% of the time.
          -George
          flickr

Comment

I just moved back in with mine after a little over a year of being on my own.. None of my roommates got along so we broke the lease and got out early, now i'm debating going the one bedroom route or I might move in with three friends at the house I always party at...

I already pretty much have my own room there so I might just talk to them about moving in.

Comment

I live at home! I'm 18 and have basically no expenses, so it's gonna be hard for me to give that up! I just pay $90 per month for insurance on both of my cars, and my parents give me $300 a month for food and gas (eating at home for a profit FTW! ). Although my parents have like 55 rental properties, so I could easily move out if I wanted. I just don't like spending on things not car related... Haha If I can find a one bedroom place with a 4-car garage and SUPER flat driveway for $200 a month, I'd move out.

Civic Build

1992 Civic VX - 1996 Miata - 1986 944 Turbo - 1988.5 Samurai - 2006 Tiburon GT

Comment

I moved out of home for about 14 months when I turned 18, mainly to be closer to work. For the first 3 months I was living in the factory I was working out of, then moved into a mates house with my good friend/boss at the time aswell. There were 3 of us in a 3 bedroom house, barely any time or motivation to do anything other then sleep. this lead to eating fast food pretty much every single day. I put on a solid 20kg's over that time.

Ended up moving onto something else, moved back in with mum (single parent, she missed cooking for me ) and am still here now. I moved out again for 4 months towards the start of 09, again for work, but it didnt work out. Ive told my mum that for the next 3 years im gonna pour money into cars, aswell as pay off my considerable debt I have aquired over the years, then I will save for something worth while.

Im 20 now, by the time Im 28 (being realistic) I should be able to own a house or factory.. Thats the plan anyway..

Oh yeah, and the old girl dont mind if I bring home pretty ladies.. But I havent for a while, been busy trying to aquire stance.

Since this is a US based forum:

mum = mom
                Originally posted by anth
                Lucky they didn't come into your house and disrespect your whole family.

Comment

I just honestly don't think I want a house. Not in this town at least. Houses just seem to tie you down and I don't want to be tied down if something comes up and I want to leave.

Comment

im not moving out till i graduate, end of story

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

i seem to always have a guaranteed problem of having no privacy at my house (mom works out of home, dad always home around 9)

and to make it even worse just about every girl I've dated live with their parents.

that one girl did just move into her own house...

Comment

Originally posted by Richard_Gud. View Post
                        i seem to always have a guaranteed problem of having no privacy at my house (mom works out of home, dad always home around 9)

and to make it even worse just about every girl I've dated live with their parents.

that one girl did just move into her own house...

Girls seem to move out later than guys. At least it seems that way

Comment

i lived with my parents until about 3 months ago and im 23. i had an apartment for 6 months when i was 21, but i lost my job, and my room mates bailed out.

Comment

My dad moved out today lol It was never an issue cause my brother, dad and i all get along like friends. The ladys never cared and my dad and i had a system when it came to the noises. Attic fan in the hallway so you couldnt over hear the others company. Going to be selling the pad come march and moving in with the gf.
                            chUD..........Asphalt-sux

"Success causes envy , jealousy & hatred from the un-successful !!!! "Gregg Valentino

Comment

Working...
                            X