Question for s2k drivers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for s2k drivers

hey guys, i am right now driving a bmw e46 325i and as much as i love it im getting kinda bored with it. ive been thinking about getting into another car recently and s2k is one car that i have always thought was really cool...

only problem is, im 6'3" and i would kinda be worried about being comfortable when driving. this would be my daily driver, too..

how tall are you? how tall is the tallest person that you know that drives an s2k?

would this be a bad choice?

thanks in advance guys!

Originally posted by FluidMotorUnion
    Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
    Originally posted by Kielan
    VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
    ///stanceworks\\\

Best friend just got an S2k and I got to drive it for the first time today. I've noticed multiple times that there is no way one of our friends who is 6'7'' is gonna fit in there. That's tall tho. There is actually quite a bit of leg room as far as length goes but not very wide.. At 6'3'' you should be fine and comfortable imo.. Really, the only way to find out is to sit in one yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis C View Post
      Best friend just got an S2k and I got to drive it for the first time today. I've noticed multiple times that there is no way one of our friends who is 6'7'' is gonna fit in there. That's tall tho. There is actually quite a bit of leg room as far as length goes but not very wide.. At 6'3'' you should be fine and comfortable imo.. Really, the only way to find out is to sit in one yourself.
      yea i drove one a few years ago in high school when i was a valet but didnt really pay that much attention to how i fit in it because A) i had just gotten my e46 B) the seat was most likely not all the way back and i was used to sitting in cars kinda cramped bc i didnt bother moving them back when valeting.

im sure i could probably squeeze in there its just a matter of if i could get used to it and it not keep bothering me all the time.

would you guys, as "car guys" consider this an upgrade or a downgrade from my 02 325i?

Things made of metal can be remade, but flesh and bone cannot be replicated. Not even by Rota.
      VW kids go to Hondas, Honda kids go to BMW, BMW kids stick with BMW because they are the best.
      ///stanceworks\\\

Comment

upgrade for sure. the s2k is a pure bred roadster and is internationally acclaimed in many magazines, tests, races/challenges etc.

as far as comfort goes, going from an e46 to s2k will take getting used to, but nothing crazy. I'm about 6'2'' and I fit in mine just fine... the only thing that really takes getting used to is that there's no back seat. you may find yourself cramped at first but you'll get used to quickly once you realize how much fun driving an s2k is

Comment

yea i hear ya, just not sure how i feel about going from a BMW to a Honda, even tho i know that an s2k has to be a blast to drive. Im honestly just not sure im ready to give up my e46 yet in fear that i will miss it haha i paid for it with my own money when i was 18 and have/had so many plans for it and would **** to just leave it unfinished but im having some car ADD haha....plus i do realize i would be giving up lots of cargo room in form of trunk space and also passenger space, so idk i guess i have a lot to think about

///stanceworks\\\

Comment

Upgrade for sure, but comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. The biggest thing for me would be the lack of power. The thing didn't get up at all, complete torque-less wonder.

Comment

Originally posted by Travis C View Post
              Upgrade for sure, but comparing the two is like comparing apples to oranges. The biggest thing for me would be the lack of power. The thing didn't get up at all, complete torque-less wonder.
              ha yea, i love the luxury and that "BMW feel" that my car has but think i would like the sportiness and raw feel of an s2k

and as far as power, it probably wouldnt feel all that different, i DO drive a slow little 325 haha

///stanceworks\\\

Comment

i was thinking about this kind of switch as well, mainly getting rid of the m3 due to maintence costs and things like that
                Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

i say go for it. they make lower seat rails if you feel to high. there aftermarkt replacments for the stock seats that are about an inch lower.

Comment

yea im still playing with the idea, im either gonna try to get rid of my car altogether or try to get rid of my wheels and get some coilovers and some different wheels...might end up just keeping the car but add coilovers and different wheels and then later on get into something like an s2k bc im still so undecided. plus i really dont wanna leave this car unfinished as there was so much blood, sweat, and tears (?) shed to get it when i was in high school with my own money.

unless someone can convince me otherwise.....

///stanceworks\\\

Comment

Working...
                    X