Which to choose?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which to choose?

Hey, I know I don't post much, but I am so passionate about cars that I go through phases in my day dreaming about project cars. I feel like I'm nagging too much on this forum, but I do appreciate the feedback.
    This time, I am certain I will either get an E28 or an E30 cabrio (has to be cabrio). I am leaning towards an E28.

Here are two potentials that I've found:
    http://springfield.craigslist.org/cto/2281436843.html
    The red interior is such a selling point, I just need to call to get more details about the aforementioned "massive engine and suspension upgrades". Makes me wary.

http://bham.craigslist.org/cto/2293937457.html
    This is a cool one too, but really far from my house so seeing it beforehand wouldn't be an option. But what I REALLY want is a black on red, not a red on black. I had found the perfect one (black on black on red) a few weeks back, but it had already been sold when I emailed.

Both are manual, an absolute necessity. I have a decent amount of money in the bank, so cost really isn't an issue at this point, unless I need to rebuild the entire drivetrain or something as expensive. I want a car that I can make look baller, but also be worth the engine upgrades and handle well enough to toss around sometimes. Car will probably get slammed at some point.

TL;DR Between my two dream project cars, which is the better one to consider?
    Last edited by MrRamen; 04-28-2011, 03:42 PM.

Well, I dont think you can say "baller" when you see either of these cars.

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

Originally posted by PavelK313 View Post
      Well, I dont think you can say "baller" when you see either of these cars.

Email | Website | Facebook | Instagram @Broadway_Static

Comment

Go see the E28 and then go see the E30, decide which you want then... Doesn't seem like this should be difficult...
        - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Well, is "baller" not the right word? I use it loosely. But in my mind, yes, both of those cars are baller, such as when you see them, you think "shit, that car is money." It's that intangible feeling that a car is fuckin awesome, done justice.

Also, the E30 is 9 hours from my house. The E28 is 2.5. That's why I can't just pop over to see both of them. I was hoping for some owner input from people who have owned both perhaps. I know this site isn't to bitch about owning an older car, I know it won't be a piece of cake, but I wouldn't mind hearing the negatives about these models to compare the challenges of building and running one.

Comment

They both aren't hard to run, but getting them low, typically requires more modification than just putting the coilovers on.
            - Kielan (Key-lin)

Comment

Originally posted by MrRamen View Post
              Well, is "baller" not the right word? I use it loosely. But in my mind, yes, both of those cars are baller, such as when you see them, you think "shit, that car is money." It's that intangible feeling that a car is fuckin awesome, done justice.
              Baller car:

E28:

I think you need a bit more than $3000 to get into baller car teritory...

IG: PavelKostyurin

Comment

So to show me baller you compare a Lexus with about $10000+ worth of paint, tint, wheels and rims with a stock E28? I have no idea how that proves your point. Of course I'll need more than $3k to purchase and make an E28 baller, but imagine that same Lexus with only $3000 invested in upgrades, much less purchasing it for anywhere near that. An E28 can be baller, this site has proved that.

I think you didn't catch my point in my use of baller as saying a car makes people who see it not only want it, but stop in their tracks to study it in its greatness. By that point, I don't consider that Lexus at all baller. VIP though? Oh yeah.

We can agree to disagree.

Comment

Working...
                X